Christmas Snowball Cookies
Christmas Snowball Cookies are my mom's recipe full of red and green M&Ms! This easy cookie recipe is perfect for the holidays and can be made with any color candy!
Servings: 36 cookies
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter slightly softened
- ½ cup (57g) powdered sugar do NOT pack your powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups (279g) all purpose flour do NOT pack your flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini M&Ms any color
- Additional powdered sugar for rolling
Preaheat oven to 350°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add flour, salt and mix until the dough comes together. **This will take a minute or two with a stand mixer. If you’re using a hand mixer it can take even longer. Get your hands in there if it’s not mixing up. Eventually it WILL come together like a cookie dough.** Stir in the M&Ms.
Scoop 1 tablespoon balls of dough and place on prepared cookie sheet.
Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until bottoms are just slightly brown. Remove from oven and cool for just 5-10 minutes, until you can handle them. Fill a small bowl with powdered sugar and roll each cookie in the sugar until coated. Place on a rack to cool. (Once cookies are cooled, you may want to re-roll them in more powdered sugar.)
Cookies can be frozen for up to one month (you may need to re-roll them in powdered sugar after defrosting). Store in an airtight container.
- These mix up slowly using a hand mixer - it'll take a long time to get a cohesive dough but they WILL come together. I recommend a stand mixer, if you have one.
- Omit salt if using salted butter.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 9mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.4mg