Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a delicious breakfast recipe everyone loves! My mom's banana bread recipe is filled with chocolate chips for the breakfast your kids will want to eat.
Servings 12 servings
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 medium overripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 7 tablespoons sour milk or buttermilk (To make sour milk: add 1 teaspoon vinegar to milk and let sit 5 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (248g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (340g) chocolate chips, divided
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x5with nonstick cooking spray. You can use an 8x4-inch loaf pan and make 1-2 muffins alongside.
Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer (and hand mixer is okay too).
Add the bananas, eggs, sour milk, and baking soda to a blender. Mix until liquefied. Alternately, mash the bananas with a fork and then stir the eggs, milk, and baking soda into the bananas.
Pour half of the banana mixture into the butter mixture with 1 cup of flour and mix until just combined. Repeat with the rest of the liquid and flour. Do not overmix!
Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake approximately 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean (test right next to the crack).
Cool at least 10 minutes in pan.
- This also makes 12 muffins (bake time approximately 15 minutes).
- You can substitute equal amount vegetable oil for the butter.
- You can substitute equal amount soy or almond milk for the milk, just add 1 teaspoon vinegar to the blender to activate the baking soda.
- Don't have a blender? You can make this by hand as well; just mash the banana with a fork.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 1.9mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1.5mg