Red Velvet Hugs Blossom Cookies
Turn blossom cookies into red velvet hugs!! This easy cookie recipe starts with a red velvet cake mix and bakes up in no time. Place a Hershey's Kiss on top and make them a blossom cookie!
Servings: 28 cookies
- 1 15-16 ounce box Red Velvet Cake Mix any brand
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter melted or softened
- About 30 Hershey’s Kisses unwrapped (use your favorites: Hugs, Almond, Plain, Caramel, Cookies 'n Cream, etc.)
Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat baking mats and set aside.
Mix together cake mix, eggs, and butter using a hand mixer or stir it by hand. The dough will be thick.
Scoop 1 tablespoon sized balls onto your cookie sheets. Chill for at least 30 minutes. If you bake them right away they'll spread just a bit too much.
Bake about 8-10 minutes until tops just start to crack. Err on the side of underdone! Immediately press a Hershey's Kiss onto the top of each cookie. Let cool completely.
Store in an airtight container up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Use any flavor cake mix and any flavor Hershey's Kiss!
- Using melted butter makes it easy to mix together with a spoon and large bowl.
- Don't skip the chill time for these.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 132mg | Potassium: 55mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.8mg