Chocolate Mint Poke Cake
Chocoalate cake poked and filled with a sweet peppermint mixture, topped with mint whipped cream and Oreos!
Prep Time45 minutes mins
Chill Time2 hours hrs
Total Time2 hours hrs 45 minutes mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 15 ounce chocolate cake mix plus water, oil, and eggs on the box to make the cake
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 10 ounce jar hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Peppermint Extract , divided
- 8 ounces whipped topping (thawed)
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup Oreos crushed
Mix and bake cake according to the box directions. When a toothpick comes out clean, remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
Place sweetened condensed milk in a small bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract. (You can also do this in the can without transferring to a bowl, if you want to save a dish!)
Remove lid from jar of hot fudge sauce. Heat in microwave for about 30-60 seconds, until it is pourable. Be careful not to heat it too much without stirring, you don’t want it to burn. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract.
Once the cake has cooled for 5 minutes, poke several holes in the top with the back of the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, making sure it gets in all the holes. Spread with a spatula if needed.
Pour the hot fudge sauce over the top of the cake, making sure to get it in all the holes. Spread with a spatula if needed. Cool the cake completely before continuing.
Open thawed whipped topping. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract and 3-4 drops green food coloring.
Spread over cooled cake and sprinkle with crushed Oreos. Chill for several hours (or overnight) before serving.
Best served room temperature.
- Make sure that the holes you poke aren’t too close together. About one inch apart will do!
- Although you should let the cake cool before poking, the holes will be easiest to poke when the cake is just a little bit warm.
- You can use any flavor Oreo cookie.
- If you want to use freshly whipped cream you'll need about 2-3 cups to top the cake. You could also use whipped cream frosting.
- This cake is great for making ahead because it tastes even better the next day.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 0.4mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 51mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 14IU | Vitamin C: 0.003mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 2mg