Blueberry Crumble Pie
This Blueberry Crumble Pie is made with a fresh blueberry filling and topped with an almond crumble! It's the best berry pie recipe!
Servings 8 servings
For the pie filling:
- 1 pie crust , homemade or from a refrigerated pack of two
- 5 cups blueberries , fresh or frozen (see note)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
For the crumble topping:
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Unroll pie crust and place in a 9” pie plate. Crimp edges as desired. Chill until ready to fill.
Make the crumble by combining the nuts, brown sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl. Use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until the mixture forms small crumbs. Set aside.
If you're using frozen berries, make sure they're completely defrosted and drained really well.
Place blueberries in a large bowl. Toss gently with sugar, lemon, and cornstarch.
Remove crust from the refrigerator and fill with berries. Pour the crumble over the top and press down slightly to compact.
Place the pie on a cookie sheet to prevent over-spilling onto your oven floor. Tear 2” wide strips of aluminum foil and place them around the outer edge of the crust so it won’t brown too quickly. (Or use a pie crust shield) Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350°F for 35-45 more minutes (remove foil from crust about halfway through baking). It’s done when the crust is browned and the topping looks crunchy. Cool completely before slicing.
Note on blueberries:
- Use fresh if you have them
- You can use frozen berries but make sure that they're completely defrosted and they have been drained very well. Any excess water will cause your pie to bet wet.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 46g | Vitamin A: 312IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2mg