Almond Joy Mini Pies
Mini pie crusts filled with a mixture that tastes just like an almond joy!
Servings 18 -20 pies
- 1 refrigerated prepared pie crust either from scratch or from a pack of two, like Pillsbury
- 1/2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- About 18 whole almonds
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet or milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vegetable oil or shortening
Preheat oven to 400°F. Turn two mini muffin tins over and spray the bottoms with cooking spray.
Unroll pie crust and cut 2.5” circles with a cookie cutter or jar lid. Wrap one circle around the underside of each muffin pan cavity (creating an upside down tart shell). One pie crust makes about 18, with re-rolling. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely before removing and filling.
Stir together sweetened condensed milk, coconut, and vanilla. Spoon a tablespoon into each pie shell. Top with an almond.
Place chocolate chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Spoon some chocolate over each pie, spreading to the edges of the pie. Chill until set.
Store in an airtight container. Will keep for at least 4 days at room temperature.
Serving: 1pie | Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 95mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g