Lime Curd Pie
A graham cracker crust filled with some of the best lime curd ever!
Servings 10 servings
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 9 " pre-made crust OR make your own:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs from 8-9 graham cracker sheets
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
Lime Curd Filling
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice about 5-7 limes
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest about 2 limes, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter diced
- Whipped cream lime zest, and/or fresh lime slices for serving
Crust (if making your own; optionally you can use a 9" pre-made crust):
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Stir crumbs, sugar, and melted butter together with a fork. Press into a 9" pie plate. Bake for 5-7 minutes until slightly browned. Let cool completely before filling.
Place eggs in a medium saucepan and whisk until combined. Whisk in sugar, salt, lime juice, and zest.
Add the diced butter to the pan and turn on the heat to medium. Constantly whisk until the butter melts and the mixture begins to thicken, 5-10 minutes. Don't walk away, keep whisking, and make sure it doesn't boil. Once it thickens, remove it from the heat and pour it into the prepared crust. Let it cool and set completely at room temperature, at least one hour. Refrigerate uncovered until ready to serve. Garnish with lime slices and/or lime zest. Optionally, serve with whipped cream.
Serving: 1/10th slice of pie | Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 1117mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 39g