The Best Brownies Recipe
These are the best brownie recipe ever! They're gooey and perfect and the brown butter inside gives them a unique flavor.
Servings: 24 brownies
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces (113g) unsweetened baking chocolate coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (20g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅓ cups (165g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups (255g) chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13" pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, about 6 minutes, until it becomes brown in color. It will foam, reduce, then foam again. Once it’s done cooking the foam is a light brown and it will dissipate after you remove it from the heat. Once it starts to brown, keep stirring so it doesn’t burn. Once it gets to an amber color, turn off the flame.
Add baking chocolate to the butter and stir until the chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, and cocoa and stir until combined. Stir in flour then stir in chocolate chips
Pour brownie batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-35 minutes until a toothpick along the edge comes out with just a few crumbs. This results in very fudgy gooey brownies. Cool before slicing into bars.
- You can add one and a half cups of add-in options before you bake them. Make Walnut Brownies, M&M Brownies, Oreo Brownies, add chocolate chunks, peanut butter chips, or anything you like by adding chopped candy!
- Make sure to use good quality chocolate chips, cocoa, and baking chocolate. The better the quality, the better the brownies.
- Want to use brown sugar? Go ahead - swap it equally with the granulated sugar.
- I like to line my pan with parchment paper or foil for easy removal.
Serving: 1brownie | Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 307IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg