Banana Chocolate Chip Shortbread Icebox Cake
Banana Chocolate Chip Shortbread Icebox Cake - this easy NO BAKE recipe is also gluten-free! Layers of cookies and banana pudding - the best party dessert.
Servings 10 servings
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant banana pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups nonfat milk
- 2 (4.9 ounces each) boxes Walkers Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread (or use any shortbread cookie flavor)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (light or fat-free is fine)
- 1 medium banana sliced (plus more for garnish, if desired)
- Mini Chocolate Chips for garnish, optional
Whisk pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl. Let sit to set up for about 5 minutes.
Place cookies in a single layer (about 9) in the bottom of an 8x8” baking dish.
Fold half the Cool Whip (about 1 cup) into the pudding. Spread half the pudding mixture on top the cookies in the pan. Arrange banana slices on top of the pudding, then spread half of the remaining Cool Whip (about 1/2 cup) over the top of the bananas.
Reserve 1 cookie, then place the remaining ones in a single layer on top the Cool Whip, cover it with the remaining pudding mixture and the rest of the Cool Whip. Crush the reserved cookie and sprinkle it over the top, along with some mini chocolate chips for garnish.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make sure to chill the dessert for best results.
- Can't find the cookies? Use any shortbread and add mini chocolate chips between the layers.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 210mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g