Cinnamon Sugar Zucchini Banana Bread
Cinnamon Sugar Zucchini Banana Bread - an easy banana bread recipe with zucchini and a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping baked right in. This is the perfect banana bread recipe!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 cup granulated sugar divided
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium overripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 5 ounces buttemilk/sour milk (7 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon divided
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded zucchini about 1 medium
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5x3” loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Stir oil and 3/4 cup sugar with a wooden spoon. Add bananas, eggs, milk, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, salt and baking soda and mix until almost smooth (there will be some lumps from the banana).
Mix in flour until just incorporated, then stir in zucchini. Pour into prepared pan.
Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
Bake for 40-50 minutes3 until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs. The edges will be a dark brown and there will be a nice crack down the center.
Cool completely before removing loaf from pan, but you can cut slices from the pan after it’s cooled for about 15-20 minutes.
- In place of vegetable oil you can also use 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter.
- In place of sour milk you can use buttermilk. Make your own buttermilk if you don't have it.
- You can use dairy-free milk (i.e. almond milk) but then add 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice to the batter.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 121IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg