Copycat Petite Vanilla Scones
Copycat Petite Vanilla Scones are just like that scone recipe at Starbucks but they're better because they're made at home. This is the best scone recipe because it's made with pudding mix - the scones are pillowy soft and stay soft for days. The flavor of these scones is amazing!
For the scone
- 2 cups 248g all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons 24g granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons 86g cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1 small box approximately 3.4 ounces or 96g) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 vanilla bean scraped (or 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or extract)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon 134ml heavy cream, divided
For the frosting
- 1 cup 113g powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon 15ml vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2-3 tablespoons 30-45ml cream
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add cold butter and cut it in using a pastry blender or two butter knives until it forms small crumbs.
Stir in pudding mix. Make a well in the center of the mixture and add the vanilla, egg and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Stir gently with a fork until just incorporated. Bring the dough together with your hands.
Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Form into two small rounds. Cut each round into 8 triangles and place each on the prepared baking sheet. Brush each triangle with a little of the remaining 1 tablespoon heavy cream. Bake for 8-10 minutes until just golden. Cool before frosting
To make the frosting: Whisk powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons cream. Add more cream as needed for desired consistency. (I made mine thinner, so I could dip the scones in it.) Frost cooled scones with a knife or dip them upside down in the frosting. Let it harden, then serve.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
Serving: 1scone | Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 299mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g