Easy Triple Coconut Cupcakes
Easy Triple Coconut Cupcakes start with a cake mix but don't taste like it! Coconut cake, a coconut filling, and a rich coconut frosting make this the perfect coconut cupcake recipe.
Servings 24 cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 1 cup 61g sweetened flaked coconut, toasted1
- 1/2 cup 74g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 box 15.25 ounces/432g yellow cake mix2
- 1 1/4 cups 296ml coconut milk3
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/3 cup 79ml vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
For the Frosting
- 1 cup 227g unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups 452g powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 3-6 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 cup 61g shredded, sweetened coconut, toasted
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pans with liners.
Stir together 1 cup coconut and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Mix cake mix, coconut milk, oil, extract, and eggs with a hand mixer on low for 30 seconds, then on medium for 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly in the cupcake pans (about 3/4 full). Scoop 1-2 teaspoons of the coconut mixture onto the top of each cupcake.
Bake 15-18 minutes until the cupcake springs back when touched. Cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting, beat butter with a mixer until smooth. Slowly beat in powdered sugar and mix until crumbly. Add coconut extract and 3 tablespoons milk and mix until smooth. If needed, add more tablespoons of milk to reach desired consistency.
Frost cupcakes with a spatula or a pastry bag. Top generously with toasted coconut.
Serving: 1cupcake | Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 149mg | Sodium: 66mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g