Banana Bread Muffins
Banana Bread Muffins are so easy to make! This recipe is my favorite banana bread recipe made into banana nut muffins, perfect for breakfast or brunch!
Servings 18 muffins
- ½ cup (119ml) vegetable oil
- ¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 7 tablespoons sour milk or buttermilk (make your own by adding 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice to your milk and let it sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (248g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts walnuts or pecans, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pans with liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Mash bananas with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
Stir together granulated sugar and oil. Add mashed bananas, eggs, sour milk, salt, and baking soda and stir until combined. Mixture will be slightly lumpy.
Add flour and stir until just incorporated. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Divide evenly among muffin liners, filling about 2/3 full.
Sprinkle each muffin with some of the remaining nuts.
Bake for 13-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs.
These are wonderful fresh from the oven or cooled to room temperature. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days or freeze for up to one month. Defrost at room temperature or in the microwave.
- Use regular or nondairy milk (add 1 tsp vinegar) or use buttermilk
- Use softened or melted butter or oil
- Use GF 1:1 AP flour or half whole wheat and half all purpose flour
- Use chocolate chips in place of nuts or leave plain.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 637mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g