Tortellini Caprese Pasta Salad
Tortellini Caprese Pasta Salad is an easy pasta salad recipe made with tortellini, basil, mozzarella, tomatoes and a balsamic dressing.
Servings 8 servings
For the Salad:
- 1 19 ounce bag frozen tortellini
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup shredded basil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls or a ball sliced into bite sized pieces
For the Balsamic Dressing:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon or spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon diced shallot
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper or to taste
Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Cool.
Stir together tortellini, tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella.
Make the dressing: add all dressing ingredients to a jar. Close and shake until mixed. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Serve immediately or cover and store in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.