Creamy Turkey Casserole Recipe
An amazing savory dish with chicken and vegetables and mixed with smashed ritz crackers!
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Cook Time15 minutes mins
Total Time30 minutes mins
Course: Main Course
Servings: 8 servings
- 1- pound pasta rotini, shells, etc
- 4 ounces (113g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup (118ml) nonfat milk
- ½ cup (118ml) chicken broth (or water or turkey stock)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 10-12 ounce bag frozen vegetables, thawed
- 2 ½ cups (345g) cooked turkey or chicken (shredded or cubed)
- 1 ½ cups about 30 ritz crackers, crushed
- 4 tablespoons (57g) melted butter
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
While pasta is cooking, mix cream cheese with soup, then mix in milk, broth and spices.
Drain pasta and add to soup mixture along with vegetables and turkey. Stir to combine.
Pour mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Crush crackers in a large gallon size bag and add melted butter, mixing by squeezing the bag to incorporate butter throughout. Sprinkle cracker mixture over the top of the pasta in pan.
Bake until bubbly and heated through, approximately 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- You can use rotisserie chicken, leftover turkey, or chicken. Just be sure to shred or dice it bite size.
- Other cream soups may be substituted (i.e. cream of chicken or potato, etc)
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 536kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 280mg | Potassium: 343mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 596IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 2mg