Sweet Cream Biscuits
Drop biscuits made with heavy whipping cream are the easiest homemade from scratch biscuits you'll ever make!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups (248g) all purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups (356ml) heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a cookie sheet with butter or shortening.
Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
Add the heavy whipping cream and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until the dough comes together. It should become a thick dough and if needed, use your hands to finish working it together.
Using two spoons, scoop out and drop biscuits on prepared cookie sheets. Depending on size, you’ll get about 8 biscuits, unless you want them smaller.
Bake for about 14-16 minutes, or until the tops and bottoms are golden brown and the biscuits are cooked through. I recommend rotating the pan halfway though baking for even cooking. Cool biscuits before serving.
- You must use heavy whipping cream in this recipe, no substitutions
- Omit the sugar if you prefer
- Substitute self-rising flour in a same amount as the all-purpose but omit the baking powder and salt.
Serving: 1shortcake | Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 656IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 2mg