Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Soft and chewy pumpkin cookies are even better with the best cream cheese frosting recipe. These are the best fall cookies!
Servings: 22 servings
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter melted
- ⅓ cup (81g) pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup (150g) packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups (217g) all purpose flour
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces (113g) cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup (57g) unsalted butter softened
- 1 ½ cups 170g) powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Place melted butter, pumpkin, and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. You can also use a hand mixer, if you prefer. Mix until smooth, about 30 seconds. Mix in egg yolk, baking soda, salt, spices, and vanilla. Mix in flour until batter is smooth. It’ll be a soft batter. Chill dough for at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat baking mats.
Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-13 minutes until they are no longer glossy. (I like to err on the side of under baked for a gooey cookie!) Cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting: cream butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Slowly add in powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Frost cookies and dust with a bit of cinnamon.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze unfrosted cookies for up to 1 month.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 852IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg