Salted Caramel Apple Pie Recipe
This Salted Caramel Apple Pie Recipe is completely from scratch and so easy! The filling recipe has homemade caramel and you can even make this a dutch apple pie with crumb topping.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 Recipes All Butter Pie Crust (or a pack of two from the store)
- 6-7 Granny Smith apples about 3 pounds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup salted caramel or you can use regular caramel
Roll out one pie crust according to recipe or package directions and place in your 9″ pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to use. Roll out second pie crust and set aside.
Peel and core the apples, then slice into thin slices. I like using my apple peeler for this step. Place one inch of water in the bottom of a large pot. Add apples and cook, stirring occasionally, approximately 3-5 minutes after water boils, or just until the apples start to turn the slightest bit opaque.
Drain apples very well. Let them sit in the strainer for a few minutes to cool, then place them in pie crust.
Sprinkle cinnamon over apples then pour caramel evenly over the top.
Top with second pie crust and crimp edges, then cut slits to vent pie. Cover outer edge of crust with thin strips of foil or a pie crust shield.
Bake at 425° for 10 minutes then lower the oven temperature to 350°F for 30-40 minutes. Remove pie crust shield during the last 15 minutes of baking to ensure that the crust browns.
Pie may be made a day in advance. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Make a lattice top crust out of the top crust if you wish.
- Skip the double crust and make a crumble topping
- Use salted caramel, pumpkin caramel, or cinnamon caramel to make the pie (or you can buy caramel sauce at the store, regular ice cream topping is fine.)
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 86IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg