Easy Chicken Penne Pasta
Easy Chicken Penne Pasta is a one pot meal that's done in under 30 minutes! This easy skillet recipe is picky eater approved!
Servings 6 servings
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 24 ounce jar pasta sauce use your favorite
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced or shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
Boil water in pot or large skillet and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Add pasta sauce, pressed garlic, pepper flakes and cottage cheese to skillet and heat until bubbly and hot. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is heated through. Stir in the pasta and mozzarella cheese. Taste for seasoning, add salt and/or pepper as needed.
Serve hot with parmesan cheese.
Use homemade pasta sauce or a jar.
- I am loving Banza Pasta, which is a chickpea pasta and low-carb. It's in an orange box and tastes like regular pasta!
- Use my meal prep chicken or instant pot chicken or shredded chicken, or you can use a rotisserie chicken.
- To start with raw chicken: Cook pasta as directed in step 1. Then add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and season with salt and pepper. Cook until brown on all sides and almost cooked through, 8-10 minutes (depending on size of pieces). Add the sauce to the pan with the garlic and cook until chicken is fully cooked through. Stir in cottage cheese, pasta, and mozzarella.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 991mg | Potassium: 696mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 765IU | Vitamin C: 8.6mg | Calcium: 257mg | Iron: 2.7mg