Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken is an easy chicken dinner in 30 minutes! Use the pressure cooker to make enough shredded chicken for dinner all week use it for meal prep to eat healthier lunches!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (thawed, for frozen see note)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Place chicken broth and pineapple juice in the bottom of Instant Pot insert. You don’t need to use the rack for this recipe.
Stir together all seasonings and sprinkle generously over both sides of the chicken. Place chicken in the liquid.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock, make sure the seal is set to closed so the steam will stay in. Press “pressure cook” or “on” and set the pressure to high for 10 minutes. On newer models, turn off the “warm” setting so the machine will start.
It will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure, then the countdown will start for the 10 minute timer. When the machine is done, let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
Use a kitchen utensil to open the valve and let any steam out of the pot. Unlock the lid and remove the chicken. Shred with two forks.
Store chicken in an airtight container with some of the cooking liquid to keep it moist. Will keep up to 3-4 days in refrigerator.
This is a great recipe to use to meal prep lunches and quick dinners during the week.
- For frozen chicken: I recommend that you freeze your chicken breasts in singles. (If the chicken breasts are just one big block of frozen chicken the machine may have trouble cooking it properly or coming to pressure). Instead of seasoning the frozen chicken breasts, just add the spices to the liquid in the pot. The cook time will still be 10 minutes but it will take longer to come to pressure.
- If you don’t have pineapple juice you can just add more chicken broth, or omit.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 482mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 2.4mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.7mg