Brownie Cupcakes from Scratch Recipe
This is the best homemade brownie cupcake recipe - use any kind of frosting to make these cupcakes!
Servings: 11 cupcakes
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons (109g) all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with liners.
Stir together oil, sugar, and cocoa. Stir in eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt. Carefully stir in flour.
Fill liners about ⅔ full (about 3 tablespoons of batter each).
Bake for 20-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from right along the edge of the liner. Cool completely before frosting.
Store in refrigerator loosely covered, serve at room temperature.
- Mint Chip Frosting: beat 1/2 cup unsalted butter and pinch of salt until smooth. Slowly mix in 4 cups (452g) powdered sugar until crumbly. Add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Beat until smooth, adding more cream as needed to get the consistency desired. Add a few drops of green food coloring and mix in, if desired. Stir in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- You can frost these with any frosting you like.
- Be careful not to over bake the cupcakes - a toothpick right on the edge of the liner will come out with a few crumbs.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze cupcakes for up to 2 months.
Serving: 1cupcake without frosting | Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 49IU | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 2mg