No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
A layered lush no-bake dessert filled with cream and strawberries! The perfect dessert for summer...or to get you in the mood for strawberry season!
Servings 8 -10 servings
- 1 box 3.4 oz/96g vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cups 266ml nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25 Golden Oreos or another vanilla flavored cookie/graham cracker
- 2 tablespoons 28g unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces 510g Cool Whip Topping (see note about using fresh whipped cream)
- 1 pound fresh strawberries hulled and sliced and patted dry
Whisk pudding, milk, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Let it sit while you prepare the crust.
Crush the cookies in a large gallon sized ziploc bag using a rolling pin. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cookie crumbs. Place the 2 tablespoons melted butter in the bag and press with your hands to work the butter through the remaining cookie crumbs. Pour crumbs into a 9” square baking dish. The crust won’t be solid, it’ll stay crumbly.
Fold 8 ounces of the whipped topping into the pudding. Place half the pudding mixture on top of the crust. Place the strawberries in a single layer over the pudding. Spread remaining pudding mix over the top of the berries. Top with more whipped topping and sprinkle the remaining cookies over the top.
Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Serving: 1/12 recipe | Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 114mg | Sugar: 11g