Lighter No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
These EASY No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars have less calories and fat than my normal version. They use white chocolate instead of butter, honey instead of cups of powdered sugar, and low-fat Ritz crackers for binding!
Servings: 36 squares
- 1 cup (268g) creamy peanut butter (no-stir peanut butter only)
- ¼ cup (43g) white chocolate chips
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ⅓ cups crushed low-fat Ritz crackers (about 1 sleeve or 31 crackers)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
Line an 8x8” square pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Place peanut butter in a large bowl.
Melt the white chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth.
Add white chocolate to peanut butter along with honey and vanilla and stir until smooth. Stir in crushed Ritz crackers. (I crushed them by placing them in a large ziploc bag and rolling the bag with a rolling pin.) Stir in mini chocolate chips.
Press mixture into prepared pan. Chill at least 3 hours, then cut into squares. These are firm from the refrigerator but get quite soft at room temperature, so be sure to plan for that.
- You can use reduced fat peanut butter if you want, but be sure to use a no-stir peanut butter no matter what flavor.
- One tube of Ritz crackers has about 31 crackers in it, which yields about 1 1/3 cups of crushed crackers.
- These aren't a health food - they still have sugar, fat, and calories, but they're just a lightened up version.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.03g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 53mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 0.04mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.3mg