Skillet Blondie for 2
This small batch Skillet Blondie is the perfect recipe for two! Top it with ice cream and share it for dessert. It's an easy recipe full of brown sugar and your favorite mix-ins!
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened (I use Challenge)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mix-ins butterscotch or chocolate chips, coconut, chopped candy, nuts, etc
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a small cast iron skillet or 4-6” cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix the butter and brown sugar with a hand mixer in a large bowl until crumbly, then mix in the egg yolk, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Mix in flour, then stir in add-ins. I used butterscotch chips and shredded coconut.
Bake for about 18-24 minutes or until the outer edges and center are golden brown, but the center is still a big jiggly. Err on the side of under done, it will continue cooking as it cools and taste better a bit gooey.
Serve with ice cream and caramel sauce.