Toffee Almond Pie
Toffee Almond Pie - an EASY pie recipe filled with toffee and almonds. It's like a pecan pie but with almonds! Everyone loves this pie.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 9-inch pie crust from scratch or a refrigerated pack of two
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup (67g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (237ml) light corn syrup
- ¼ cup (57g) unsalted butter , melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons (5g) cornstarch
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 6 ounces sliced almonds (about 1 2/3 cups)
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Place pie crust in a 9” pie plate and decorate the edges as desired. Chill until ready to fill.
Whisk eggs, sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, salt, and cornstarch until smooth and combined.
Place toffee bits in the bottom of the prepared pie crust, then place the almonds on top. Pour the pie filling over the top and let the pie sit for a few minutes to allow the almonds to naturally rise to the top. (It’s important the toffee goes in before the almonds because it will weigh the almonds down if it goes in on top of them.)
Place the pie on a cookie sheet (in case of spillage). Cover the outer edges of the crust with a pie crust shield or strips of foil. Bake for 10 minutes at 425°F, then lower the temp to 350°F and bake for an additional 50-60 minutes, or until the almonds are very toasted and the pie is just a bit jiggly in the center. It will set as it cools. Cool completely before slicing.
- You know the pie is done baking when it's only slightly jiggly in the center.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Store pie in refrigerator or freeze for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 547kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1469mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 60g