Snickerdoodle Bars Recipe
These Snickerdoodle Bars are like a moist sugar cookie bar filled with cinnamon sugar and topped with icing! One of my favorite easy snickerdoodle recipes!
Servings: 24 bars
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter , softened
- 1 ¼ cups (250g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (100g) packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ⅓ cups (283g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (13g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (113g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons (30-45ml) heavy whipping cream or milk
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Cream butter and both sugars with a stand or a hand mixer. Beat in eggs, then mix in vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Slowly stir in flour, mixing until combined.
Spread 2/3 of the batter in the bottom of the prepared pan. The dough is sticky and will make a thin layer. Spray your hands with cooking spray to help ease this process.
Combine filling in a small bowl, sprinkle evenly over bottom layer. Drop 1 tablespoon balls of remaining dough evenly over the top of the filling. Spread lightly with your fingers, it will not cover completely.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Cool one hour before glazing.
To make the glaze: whisk all ingredients in a small bowl, then frost the bars. Let set before cutting.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 842mg | Sugar: 20g