Golden Oreo Brownies: the perfect dessert for a Saturday! These use golden Oreos and sprinkles for a fun variation on the traditional brownie.
Y’all know how I love my brownies, am I right? I can never ever ever get enough of their chocolatey fudgy wonderfulness.
Today I’m sharing one of my FAVORITE brownie recipes….and I added Golden Oreos. #win
There are a few things about this recipe I know you’ll love:
- Fudgy brownies, obvi.
- Sprinkles, DUH!
- If you don’t want to make brownies from scratch, just use a box mix!
- Don’t want to use Golden Oreos? Use regular ones. (But I already did that.)
This recipe first appeared on eBay.
Golden Oreo Brownies
Golden Oreo Brownies
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 16 Golden Oreos or any Oreo, any flavor
- Sprinkles if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9” pan with foil or parchment and spray with nonstick cooking spray (be sure to use original and NOT the kind with flour!)
- Place baking chocolates and butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth (about 2 minutes depending on your microwave).
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture, then stir in eggs until well mixed. Add the vanilla, cocoa, and salt and stir until smooth, then carefully stir in the flour.
- Pour half the batter into the pan and top with the cookies, then cover with the remaining batter. Sprinkle the top with sprinkles, if desired. Bake for about 22-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs an inch from the side of the pan. I like to make these a little underdone so they stay fudgy and rich.
- Cool completely in the pan then cut into squares and serve. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to one month.
- Tip: use a box brownie mix and the ingredients called for for an easier recipe!
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Oh, and in case you were in the mood for COOKIES instead:
I made some Easy Cornmeal Sugar Cookies. They’re a cookie reminiscent of ones I had back in Santa Barbara last spring. They’re super delish, and I’m sharing them today on my friend Kristen’s blog, Yellow Bliss Road.
And last but not least, if you’re still on a healthy kick (????):
I have a round-up of 5 of my favorite healthy dessert and breakfast recipes over on eBay too!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: January 8, 2016