This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This Cherry Delight Recipe has a cool and creamy cheesecake filling, graham cracker crust and homemade cherry pie filling to top it off. It’s a no-bake dessert that’s a classic: the combination of cherries and cheesecake is a perfect match! If you’re looking for an easy dessert: this is IT!
Table of Contents
What is a Cherry Delight Recipe?
It’s an amazing no bake dessert! It’s basically three layers: graham cracker crust, cheesecake filling, and cherry pie filling on top. It’s popular at potlucks because it holds well and can be made ahead.
It’s similar to cherry yum yum, which has the same graham cracker, cheesecake, and cherry combination but that one is layered so the cherry pie filling is in the middle instead of on top.
Depending on where you’re from, you might call it a cherry delight salad since it’s basically the same thing as strawberry pretzel salad but made with cherries instead.
My cherry delight is made completely from scratch and always gets rave reviews. I’m pretty sure you’re going to love it, too!
There’s basically three parts to this recipe: the crust, the filling and the topping.
- The Crust: Graham cracker crumbs, Brown sugar, and melted butter, just like my favorite no-bake graham cracker crust recipe.
- Softened cream cheese – make sure it’s softened to room temperature to avoid lumps.
- Powdered sugar – you can swap granulated sugar in an equal amount.
- Cool Whip – any kind, or substitute 2 cups freshly whipped cream.
- Cherry Pie Filling – I used my homemade cherry pie filling but you can use a can instead.
How to Make Cherry Delight
- For the filling, you only need four ingredients and it’s simple to make. Just combine the cream cheese with the powdered sugar. Mix in the vanilla.
- Then fold the Cool Whip into the mixture.
- Make the crust by stirring together all the ingredients and pressing in the bottom of a 9×9 or 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Top with the cheesecake.
- Top with the pie fillling. Chill to set.
Tip From Dorothy
- You can use ANY pie filling (cherry, blueberry, apple…and this dessert is delish with any of them).
- If you can get your hands on fresh cherries or want to make a homemade cherry pie filling with frozen, you can. But homemade isn’t required: you can actually just use a can of pie filling if you prefer!
Other no bake desserts to try:
Cherry Delight Recipe
- 1 ½ cups (154g) graham cracker crumbs (about 9 sheets)
- 7 tablespoons (99g) unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup (50g) packed brown sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 8 ounces (226g) Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 cup (113g) powdered sugar
- 8 ounces (226g) Cool Whip (1 container)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can Cherry Pie Filling (or from scratch)
- Stir graham cracker crumbs, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar and melted butter in small bowl with a fork until all cookies are moistened with butter. Press into the bottom of an 8×8-inch pan. Chill until filling is ready.
- Use a hand mixer to mix powdered sugar into cream cheese until combined. Mix in vanilla and fold in whipped topping.
- Spread filling on top of chilled crust. Top with cherry pie filling.
- Chill until set, at least one hour, before serving.
- You can make this in a pie pan as a pie if you prefer
- Use canned pie filling (any flavor!) or homemade
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, loosely covered.
Cherry Delight is the perfect no bake dessert recipe, especially for summer barbeques! This easy cherry cheesecake has a graham cracker crust and a delicious cherry pie filling.
Last Updated on June 26, 2023