Mar 22

Crust and Crumbs 11

Welcome back to Crust and Crumbs! I haven’t done one of these posts in way, way too long.

1. Did you know I’m a Maker over at Pillsbury? I create new content for their website a few times a month. Here are some of my recent posts:

Basketball Cookie Pies

Suggested Crop Basketball Peanut Butter Cookie Pies (1 of 1)w

Cookie Dough Gooey Bars

Chocolate Chip Gooey Bars (2 of 4)

And I post dinner over there too!

Waffle Iron Grilled Cheese {with bacon and avocado}
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken Chili
Shredded Beef Slow-Cooker Sandwiches
Turkey Pesto Rolls

pillsbury

2. This made me want to change up my workout. Who is up for dance walking? Anyone?

3. I loved this list of 72 Truths Friends Taught us about our 20s. PIVOT!

Source

4. You follow me on Instagram, right?

Father Daughter Dance *weeping*

IMG_4313

I met Brandi! She’s fabulous. Also? Don’t go second behind Hayley. #TeamBrandi

IMG_4429

I left my heart here.

IMG_4508

I needed a mug with Beyonce on it. {If you don’t know what I’m talking about you NEED to read that post. NOW.}

IMG_4518

We redid the ugly bathroom.

IMG_4532

Family hike {Jordan photobomb}.

IMG_4611

5. My favorite recipes lately:

No-Bake Peanut Butter Twix Pie

Peanut Butter Twix Pie (1 of 5)w

Small Batch 45 Minute Dinner Rolls

Small Batch Dinner Rolls (1 of 7)w

Thin Mint S’mores

Thin Mint S'mores (4 of 4)w

Peanut Butter Monkey Bread

Peanut Butter Monkey Bread Loaf (3 of 7)w

6. Books I’ve been reading:

The Passage (Book One of the Passage Trilogy) by Justin Cronin {I knew nothing when I started and the book is not what I expected. But I can’t put it down and I’m dreaming about it. So…it’s really good.}
Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
Prairie Tale, A Memoir by Melissa Gilbert {#addictedtolauraingallswilder}
When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde
The Seasons Trilogy by Trisha Leigh (Whispers in Autumn, Winter Omens, Betrayals in Spring, and Summer Ruins)

7. This pie blew my mind.

8. 24 is coming back in May. We just watched the first season (back in the day we started mid-season 2). I’m addicted!

9. Next week Jordan has a field trip to a living history museum. It’s a trip back in time to 1880. I’m at the baking station, where we will grind our own flour and churn our own butter to make biscuits. I’ll be there all day and I’m not allowed to use my cell phone. I’m preparing myself for the withdrawals and shakes. How am I going to instagram biscuit making? Or our period outfits?

Also? If you’re driving East on 80 to Auburn on Tuesday and see a bunch of chicks in a car wearing bonnets, wave hello.

Thanks so much for reading! What have you been up to?

23 Responses to “Crust and Crumbs 11”

1. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on March 22, 2014 at 5:03 am (#)

That living history museum sounds so fun!! Jordan is so adorable.

The new bathroom looks great and that’s so awesome that you’re developing recipes for Pillsbury!

2. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on March 22, 2014 at 5:23 am (#)

I love seeing pics of your family! And meeting Brandi…how fun! And that bathroom, you are so crafty/handy…wow! And it turned out amazing!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 22nd, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Thanks Averie!

3. Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron posted on March 22, 2014 at 5:48 am (#)

This is such a great post Dorothy! Love your daughter and hubby picture – so sweet! Also that is so cool you contribute to Pillsbury – I’m going to check out those recipes and pin some! They look so great!! And those basketball pies – adorable!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 22nd, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Thank you Chelsea!

4. Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking posted on March 22, 2014 at 9:40 am (#)

How did you meet Brandi?! Jealous! #TeamBrandi is right!

The living history museum sounds so cool! Have fun grinding your own flour! Congrats on being a Pillsbury Baker! All the posts you create for Pillsbury look soooo delicious. Not that I would expect anything less from you ;-)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 22nd, 2014 at 2:18 pm

She’s from Sacramento, so she did a book signing here. She’s as amazing in real life as she is in person. She was drinking wine at 3pm, it was fabulous!

5. Mom posted on March 22, 2014 at 10:58 am (#)

Love the post. The field trip sounds great. Hopefully someone will be there taking pics. And I like dance driving…just dance with the upper half of your body while driving down the highway. :)

6. Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar posted on March 22, 2014 at 1:18 pm (#)

So many great things! I didn’t know you did dinners for pillsbury too! Those turkey pesto rolls look awesome! I’d totally dance walk with you. Friends is the best. PIVOT! And the leather pants. Best. Ever. And Jordan looks adorable!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 22nd, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Thanks Lindsay! The leather pants. LOL!

7. Renee @ Two in the Kitchen posted on March 22, 2014 at 4:07 pm (#)

This was a fun post! As a history teacher I love, love, love the heritage farm trip that you are doing with the kids!! Good luck being without your cell phone for the day! :)

8. Laurie F. posted on March 22, 2014 at 4:29 pm (#)

The living history museum sounds fun!!! We made butter once at the library (one of our librarians was really into fun science for kids), but I have never tried grinding flour.

9. Lisa @ Wine & Glue posted on March 22, 2014 at 5:22 pm (#)

Looooooooooove Crust and Crumbs!!!!!!! 1. You are a Pillsbury Rocker, not maker :) 2. Jordan is my fashion hero, are those boots with that fancy dress??? Love! 3. Your family is the cutest. 4. I love that you share the books you are reading #needtoreadmore #feellikeaninternetidiot 5. You MUST sneak in the phone. #beastealthyinstagramer

10. Gina posted on March 22, 2014 at 7:17 pm (#)

Love this post – oh my – please tell your hubs I love his shirt – Go ‘9ers!!

11. cheri savory spoon posted on March 22, 2014 at 7:24 pm (#)

Wow! you got to meet Brandi! yeah!

12. Melissa posted on March 22, 2014 at 10:44 pm (#)

Love these posts! Your dinner posts look great :) Your daughter is too cute- I totally love your instagram feed (Instagram is my favorite social media thing).
    Little House on the Prairie books? I wore some of mine out (or maybe I left them in the backyard too many times). I’m reading a Jane Austen book I never got to – Mansfield Park. Hope you’re having a great weekend!

13. Zainab @ Blahnik Baker posted on March 23, 2014 at 3:26 pm (#)

I love these post!! Your dinner recipes over at Pillsbury are amazing!! Have fun at the living museum :)

14. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on March 24, 2014 at 6:04 am (#)

I love these posts Dorothy and seeing pics of the fam! You guys are so cute :) Also, how is it that I never checked out your bathroom while I was there? Whoops!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 24th, 2014 at 10:09 am

LOL! Thanks Trish!

15. Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking posted on March 27, 2014 at 5:30 pm (#)

I was hooked on Laura Ingalls Wilder too!! I read the entire series, plus all of the 4-5 other series written about her daughter, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother (and I can’t remember if there was a great-great-grandmother too). The oldest ones that took place in Scotland were my favorites! My mom and I actually read most of them together throughout elementary school, going through a chapter (or two) every night. So fun!

16. Kelly - Life made Sweeter posted on March 28, 2014 at 12:24 am (#)

What a fun post Dorothy! Love the pic of your daughter and hubby and that’s so awesome that you’re developing recipes for Pillsbury :) Your new bathroom turned out great!

17. Johne560 posted on May 10, 2014 at 3:44 pm (#)

Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. bgceekbdedfe