Dec 27

blogger spotlight: support CenterCutCook

Support Center Cut Cook

The one thing that I love most about blogging is the community. When I first started this blog I never even dreamed that I’d make the friendships I have…all online. I consider some of these women among my closest friends, and the blogging community as a whole is like a huge support system.

If there is one thing you can count on as a blogger, it’s that if you’re in need in some way, the community will rally. They will organize, come together, and help you with whatever you need. Today is that day for my friend Ashley, of CenterCutCook. Just a few short weeks ago Ashley and Ryan, her husband of 10 years, were dealt a terrible blow; one that we all fear. Ryan was diagnosed, at 29, with colon cancer. He has had surgery and is awaiting chemo and pathology reports for news of his prognosis.

Today, the blogger community is posting for Ashley and Ryan. Heather, from Sugar Dish Me, organized this day for Ashley, to help bring awareness to their situation. I wanted to share a round-up of some of my favorite recipes from CenterCutCook, because Ashley has so many good ones!

**Please, please click through to her site to pin her fabulous recipes. While Ashley is with her husband, she cannot be working on her blog, cutting their income drastically. Clicking through to her site will register a page view, and she’ll earn at least a little income that way!**

Rainbow Rice Krispie Pinwheels

Chocolate Dipped Reese’s Blondie Bars

Peanut Butter Buckeye Bars

Peanut Butter Brownie Dream Bars

S’mores Truffles

Double Chocolate Brownie Cake

White Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodle Cookies

Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites

Cinnamon Braid Coffee Cake

And that’s just her desserts! CenterCutCook is a full service blog from dinner to dessert, including Casseroles, Main Dishes, Salads, Pizza and Pasta, and so much more!

If you want to help Ashley and Ryan with their medical expenses, a GiveForward donation page has been set up for them. Any amount, even small ones, is appreciated.

I can’t even imagine what Ashley and Ryan are going through right now, and I am sending them so many hugs and prayers. Thank you to Heather for organizing this today!

And thank you all for reading. I appreciate it so much, as I’m sure Ashley does too!

This post may be linked to all of these parties.

37 Responses to “blogger spotlight: support CenterCutCook”

1. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on December 27, 2013 at 10:04 am (#)

So glad I saw this post Dorothy! I’m headed over now to do some serious pinning!

2. Wendy posted on December 27, 2013 at 10:33 am (#)

Community is definitely the best part of blogging! The support and friendship can be unexpected and wonderful. :) I am off to click and pin!

• Lin replied on December 27th, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I checked out your recipe for Buttery Scottish Shortbread. Sounds amazing and I will be making it tomorrow! Thank you!

4. Samantha @ Five Heart Home posted on December 27, 2013 at 3:12 pm (#)

This is an amazing way to show support, Dorothy. Heading over now to pin, pin, pin! Prayers for Ryan, Ashley, and their family.

5. Laurie F. posted on December 27, 2013 at 4:31 pm (#)

My heart goes out to Ashley and her husband. I will click through to her site.

6. Heather @ French Press posted on December 27, 2013 at 4:36 pm (#)

I cannot even imagine…what a great way to show support Dorothy

7. Ashley | CenterCutCook posted on December 27, 2013 at 4:39 pm (#)

Dorothy, I am so very touched by this post, and your support! Words can’t express how much I appreciate what you and the blogging community have done for me. Many, many thanks!

• Lin replied on December 27th, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Love your blog! Signed up for emails! Awesome!

8. Gina posted on December 27, 2013 at 4:55 pm (#)

Oh my – this breaks my heart. I will definitely do what I can to help. Thinking I will find some of my faves on her site & do a similar post. On Thanksgiving, when I found out my mom’s condition had worsened & I thought I was going to be spending an extended amount of time caring for her, I sent out a request for guest posts to get me through the holiday season while I adjusted to life with her. I was thrilled when so many jumped on board to help. When my mom ended up passing way at the beginning of December the support, love & prayers I received from everyone in the blogging community was overwhelming. It’s really what gave me strength to carry on & work through things. It’s amazing how we have all been brought into each others lives. I feel so blessed. I am thankful for all I have been given by this community & I am more than happy to help out others when they need it. I know just how much it means to have that support.

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss Gina. ((hugs))

9. Heather @ Sugar Dish Me posted on December 27, 2013 at 6:05 pm (#)

This is such a wonderfully written post Dorothy! Ashley is awesome — so excited that so many people have been so eager to help. Thank you thank you for doing this! Have a super weekend and a happy happy new year!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Thanks for organizing Heather!

10. Jenn@eatcakefordinner posted on December 27, 2013 at 7:20 pm (#)

oh my gosh . . . my heart goes out to them. I’ll definitely go pin some of her recipes.

11. Edie posted on December 27, 2013 at 7:23 pm (#)

Sending support and heartfelt wishes through the Internet highway to CenterCutCook, Ashley and Ryan.

12. Stephanie @ Stephanie's Az Kitchen posted on December 27, 2013 at 9:14 pm (#)

Glad I saw this too :) The kid is in bed I can pin at least 10. I can’t even imagine… her hubby is younger than me :( What a scary world we have sometimes. Praying for you guys Ryan & Ashley!!!!!

13. Liz @Life Made Sweet posted on December 27, 2013 at 10:04 pm (#)

This is fantastic and I couldn’t agree more, I love the blogger community and joining together to help those when life hands out some tough times! Going to pin now!

14. Lin posted on December 27, 2013 at 10:34 pm (#)

Clicked on all the links – and then some! Ashley, your family is in my prayers! Dorothy, thanks for sharing and bringing awareness to her situation so we can all support her. <3

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Thank you so much Lin!

15. Cindy Eikenberg posted on December 28, 2013 at 4:13 am (#)

Dorothy, thank you for sharing this and of course, on my way right now to visit and pin! Keeping Ashley and Ryan in my thoughts and prayers.

16. Michele @ Flavor Mosaic posted on December 28, 2013 at 7:28 am (#)

Dorothy,

Thank you so much for caring for your friend to write this post to help her. I have clicked on the links and will make a donation. I can’t imagine going through something like this at such a young age. I will definitely keep Ashley and Ryan in my thoughts and prayers.

17. Linda posted on December 28, 2013 at 7:28 am (#)

Thanks for giving us a link to help with the support. The blogger community seems amazing and incredibly close and supportive. I hope Ashley and Ryan can feel the love!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Thank you for reading Linda!

18. jackie posted on December 29, 2013 at 12:17 pm (#)

so sweet of you Dorothy~ and yes, Ashley’s blog is awesome, thanks for sharing. Best of luck and health to them.

19. DessertForTwo posted on December 29, 2013 at 5:55 pm (#)

Thank you so much for posting about this! I just pinned all of her recipes on the biggest group boards I could find :)

20. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on January 1, 2014 at 10:06 am (#)

this is so sweet-bloggers are the beeest! <3

21. Amy posted on January 5, 2014 at 3:10 pm (#)

Wow. That is really heartbreaking, but it’s incredibly sweet of you, Heather, and everyone else to support their family. Sending love and healthy thoughts their way!

22. Pingback: {Colon} Cancer Sucks