Want to know what my 15 Favorite Recipes of 2013 are? Read on, but get ready to drool.
I showed you your favorites from this year…now it’s time to show you MY favorites. It was hard to choose, but I did it. And I’m sorry for any hunger pains you get reading this post!
1. I really loved these Milky Way Brownie Bites. They kind of shocked me, how easy and good they were!
2. Peanut butter cookie + cheesecake = Peanut Butter Cookie Cheesecake Bars. Still one of my favorite versions, ever.
3. These Easy Lemon Sweet Rolls were such a snap to make, and that’s probably why so many of you loved them!
4. I made these Mountain Bars for my mom, who loves the hard-to-find candy. If you remember Mountain Bars – or even if you don’t – these are perfect for you. The peanut butter version is coming up soon!
5. I just think the cute factor of these Banana Split Cupcakes is 100%. What’s not to love about them?
6. This Chocolate Mint Poke Cake was Jordan’s 8th birthday cake. She was in love with it, because mint is her favorite. This is one of my favorites too! Shortly after I made this one, I made the Cherry Coke Poke Cake, which was also a huge hit!
7. I love cinnamon rolls – a lot. I have made countless versions, including Carrot Cake, Zucchini, Peanut Butter, and Gingerbread Spice (which almost tied for the #1 cinnamon roll spot, BTW), but my absolute favorite had to go to these Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls. I love the combination of bacon and maple, and in a cinnamon roll there isn’t much better! (If you love cinnamon rolls, check out my recent round-up, with over 70 ideas!)
8. This Nutella Strawberry Tart was just so pretty I couldn’t not include it in this list. And, well. NUTELLA.
9. Now, you might call me weird, but I love baking avocado into recipes. This Avocado Banana Bread is my absolute favorite! And, see in the recipe notes, you can make it completely sans butter – great for getting healthy after the New Year!
10. These Bakery Style XL Chocolate Chip Cookies were a huge hit in my house – and online. One reader even compared them to Alton Brown’s recipe…which blew my mind a little (or a lot…). These were soon followed by their cousin, the Bakery Style XL Peanut Butter Cookie, another family favorite.
11. Creme Brulee Cheesecake Bars. I know, two cheesecake bars in one list. But these are one of my favorites too! First, they are so pretty. Two, they have toffee on top. And three, they were an experiment with Greek Yogurt that totally worked. They’re one of my favorites!
12. These Cake Mix Soft Pretzels popped into my head one day, and I’m so glad they did. They’re like eating a slice of cake…that has the texture of a pretzel. And if you love soft pretzels, I also made them out of breadstick dough this year, in case you have a hankering for some RIGHT NOW.
13. Probably my favorite picture of the year: these Maple Walnut Truffles. They’re a copycat of my favorite candy: See’s. I also made my own version of the Butterscotch Square this year too. Next year: Pecan Roll.
14. This Salted Butterscotch Fudge is SO easy to make, and I swear, Salted Butterscotch needs to reign over Salted Caramel. It’s way better.
15. And last, but most certainly not least, these Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies. They are a meal in a brownie, I swear. When I discovered my favorite fudgy brownie recipe earlier this year, I created all sorts of different flavors to go with them: Coconut frosted, Orange frosted, German Chocolate, and Oreo Stuffed. But these? These are my favorite. And I bet you can see why.
Oh, er…sorry about all that drool. The New Year’s resolutions still have a few days to go. Go make some dessert!
Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful holiday!
Subscribe via email and have sugar delivered straight to your inbox!
This post may be linked to all of these parties.