Aug 09

Chocolate Fluffernutter Sandwich

Chocolate Fluffernutter Sandwich | crazyforcrust.com | #sandwich #peanutbutter #kingshawaiian

Is Mercury in retrograde or something? Because nothing has been easy this week and it’s starting to drive me crazy!

This post was supposed to be a Crust and Crumbs post. But I just couldn’t write it. I tried, approximately 1,231 times. So I stopped trying and decided to share one of my favorite comfort foods with you: a sweet sandwich.

When recipe disasters strike and when nothing seems easy all week long, even when it should be, this sandwich should be your go-to comfort food.

This sweet Chocolate Fluffernutter Sandwich is filled with Nutella and peanut butter and marshmallows. I don’t know about you, but that’s a sandwich I could eat all day long!

Plus, it’s really a peanut butter sandwich. So it counts as lunch. Remember, dessert-for-lunch means you can have dessert after lunch.

But in case you want to have a dessert sandwich after a regular one, I have a few more versions for you too:

The Southwestern Grilled Cheese. It has avocado. Would you expect anything less?

Southwestern Grilled Cheese | crazyforcrust.com | #sandwich #avocado #kingshawaiian

And the Veggie Lovers Delight. It has zucchini. Again, would you expect anything less?

Veggie Lovers Delight | crazyforcrust.com | #sandwich #vegetables #kingshawaiian

These sandwiches have one thing in common: King’s Hawaiian Bread. King’s Hawaiian is another one of my comfort foods.

Did you know that King’s Hawaiian is having a sandwich competition? Build your ultimate sandwich with their bread and you can win some awesome prizes, including a years’ worth of King’s Hawaiian Bread!

You can also read about how to throw a fabulous sandwich party, written by yours truly over on the King’s Hawaiian Blog. Go check it out, plan your sandwich party and get the recipes for all of these sandwiches!

Looking for the recipes for these three sandwiches? Click here!

For the rest of today, I’m going to enjoy some comfort food, and hope that my ability to function returns. Banging my head against the wall isn’t working, so hopefully the planets align better next week.

Have a wonderful weekend! Go make some sandwiches, some loaded chocolate chip cookie bars, and come back next week for a theme week. Any guesses?

Thanks for reading!

50 Responses to “Chocolate Fluffernutter Sandwich”

1. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on August 9, 2013 at 11:35 am (#)

This is like pure comfort in sandwich form. If I was having a bad day or week…this would just be PERFECT

2. Laura R. posted on August 9, 2013 at 11:54 am (#)

Crappy weeks really stink. But they are a really good excuse to eat comfort foods. I mean it doesn’t sound right to say you’re going to eat comfort foods because you are feeling great & life is wonderful. Yeah, that’s when you say Bring on the Ice Cream & let’s celebrate. No, comfort food is definitely for crap weeks. I’m not sure we have King’s Hawaiian Bread in PA…at least I’ve never seen it. Hope you have an Ice Cream kinda weekend!

3. Gerry @ Foodness Gracious posted on August 9, 2013 at 12:02 pm (#)

I hate when the ind gets blocked, great sammie though :) Have a great weekend.

4. Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats posted on August 9, 2013 at 12:49 pm (#)

Blogger Block is the worst! You have this wonderful recipe to share and no words. None….. Zip…. and other times they fly out of the keyboard. Take a break and come back at it :) You’ll get it back! This sandwich should send some inspiration. Just bury your troubles in it!

5. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on August 9, 2013 at 12:54 pm (#)

I loooooove king’s hawaiian! Such great bread and I want all your sammies! They all sound and look so good!

Lately, I wish I could write 1 sentence, post 8 pics, and the recipe, and be done. I have thought about it, many times :)

6. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet posted on August 9, 2013 at 1:55 pm (#)

Hope you have a better weekend than you did this week! Love the classics like this sandwich!

8. Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen posted on August 9, 2013 at 2:39 pm (#)

oh Yes Please! Dessert for lunch!!!

9. Tahnycooks posted on August 9, 2013 at 2:49 pm (#)

I love the thought of having a dessert sandwich! Matter of fact, all of your sandwiches look scrumptious!

I hope you can celebrate that you made it through your week! We all have them, girl! Have a great weekend!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Thank you so much! Your comments always make me smile, something I needed last week!

10. Tracy posted on August 9, 2013 at 2:54 pm (#)

Ohh I am so making this this weekend, comfort food here I come….. and on the gross side of peanut butter (which I didn’t think was possible) we went out to a local dive the other night for some steamed shrimp :) and the owner was hanging out & eating a peanut butter sandwich WITH YELLOW MUSTARD…. who does that!!!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:06 pm

OMG gross! I actually asked my husband if he’d eat that, because he loves mustard so much, he eats it on tortillas. But even he shivered and said NO! :)

11. Katie @ Dip It In Chocolate posted on August 9, 2013 at 3:31 pm (#)

I’m so sorry about your week! Those are the worst & it makes it so hard to blog. I feel like I have writer’s block every day ;) I hope next week improves! Fluffernutter, btw, is totally appropriate for lunch.

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Thanks Katie!

12. Gloria // Simply Gloria posted on August 9, 2013 at 4:18 pm (#)

I love all of your sandwich creations, Dorothy! Especially this one…yum! I become the same way with writer’s block. I have all the pics ready and lined out ready to put words to them…and I just have to walk away. A couple weeks ago, it took me 3 days! I decided to move on with something else. Have a great weekend!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I have to do that all the time!! Thanks Gloria!

13. Vera Lima posted on August 9, 2013 at 5:50 pm (#)

Thanks for the inspiration!
    Great idea this dessert sandwich for lunch. Looks YUMMY!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Thanks for the pin!

14. Amy posted on August 9, 2013 at 6:10 pm (#)

Oh Dorothy, hang in there sweetie!! The week is almost over — heck, you could technically say the weekend is ALREADY over since it’s the weekend tomorrow! When it rains, it pours, but that just means that you’re going to succeed at every single recipe you try next week. You got all of the mistakes out of the way this week instead!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Thank you Amy! I love all your sweet comments. You always make me smile!

• Amy replied on August 13th, 2013 at 10:43 pm

You’re welcome Dorothy! You’re one of the best food blogger role models I could ever have, and I’m impressed by how you respond to every comment! Plus your cute stories make ME smile too. :)

15. Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen posted on August 9, 2013 at 6:17 pm (#)

I am sooo glad you decided to post about this recipe instead! YUMMM!!! Hope your weekend is better :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Thanks Kristi! It was! :)

16. Tieghan posted on August 9, 2013 at 7:28 pm (#)

These all look so good! And yeah, I feel on you this week. I could totally use a flutternutter sandwich right now! Flying/ travel stink and getting settled in back home has been way to much work. Ugh,
    Hang there and let’s just be happy it is friday and hope for a better week next week!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Thanks Tieghan! I’m totally rooting for a better week!! :)

17. Jamie @lifelovelemons posted on August 9, 2013 at 7:53 pm (#)

I havent had a fluffernutter in forever… clearly I’m missing out, and I definitely need to add some chocolate next time!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:27 am

YES you do Jamie! :)

18. capturing joy with kristen duke posted on August 9, 2013 at 9:35 pm (#)

Sounds pretty fantastic to me!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:19 am

Thanks Kristen!

19. Miss Messy posted on August 10, 2013 at 3:25 am (#)

This looks great :) glad you went for comfort food! I hate those kind of weeks!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:18 am

Thanks so much!! It’s better now. :)

20. Susan posted on August 10, 2013 at 4:02 am (#)

I’ll keep these in mind when I’m unpacking about a million boxes in our rental home; it’s been a long few weeks! XOXO

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:18 am

Ugh, moving! I bet! You’re definitely in need of one of these!

21. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on August 10, 2013 at 8:31 am (#)

Sorry you’re having such a bummer week :( Mine hasn’t been all that fantabulous either :) Maybe that means next week will be super awesome??? Fingers crossed! This sandwich looks like the perfect thing to get me out of my funk – send one my way please!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:18 am

Totally! We’re due for a totally awesome week! I hope you’re better today Trish!

22. Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life posted on August 10, 2013 at 8:50 am (#)

Bloggers Block – bleh. I know how frustrating that is. But give me that zucchini sandwich! It looks INCREDIBLE.

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:17 am

Thanks Mary Frances!

23. Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking posted on August 10, 2013 at 9:13 am (#)

Love Kings Hawaiian bread! I only allow myself to buy the small 4 packs because I know I’m going to eat it all! Your sandwich looks delish! I totally understand “those weeks”. Power through!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:17 am

Yes, those 4-packs can help me through too. I eat the whole thing by myself! :)

24. Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig posted on August 10, 2013 at 9:33 am (#)

Dessert sandwich..I’m totally in. Can I have it for lunch?

25. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on August 10, 2013 at 3:11 pm (#)

I’m sorry you’ve been having trouble! It is so frustrating when nothing seems to go right :( But, this sandwich looks like it could make any day a little sweeter! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:10 am

Totally! It can fix all problems! I woke up yesterday with my mind in tact, so I think it’s better now. :) Thanks Jennifer!

26. Wendy posted on August 10, 2013 at 7:08 pm (#)

How wonderful to be able to write about what isn’t working and have the post work quite well! Everyone has experienced writers/bakers block and non-optimal weeks, so your words ring true with all who read them, especially the need for comfort food like your fluffernutter sandwich! FYI, when I saw the title of the post, I thought,”What?! No zucchini?!” I was greatly relieved to see the Veggie Lovers Delight further down the page! :) I hope you have a relaxing and renewing weekend, Dorothy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:10 am

LOL! I know, I think I’m winding down on the zucchini. Never on the pb though!

27. Paula posted on August 11, 2013 at 4:15 pm (#)

I don’t really know what Fluffernutter is but I just love to say it! Makes me laugh every time!! Looks fab!

28. Lisa @ Wine & Glue posted on August 11, 2013 at 5:34 pm (#)

I’m so happy to hear that I’m not the only one who thought things were a little messed this week! These recipes look amazing!! Pinning all of them :)

29. Jocelyn @ BruCrew Life posted on August 11, 2013 at 11:49 pm (#)

You just took a fluffernutter sammie and made it even better….just pure geniusness!!

30. Dana posted on August 14, 2013 at 7:11 am (#)

Sweet Lord, mama! Looks so good!!

31. Pingback: Caramel Brownie Peanut Butter Cookie Bars - Crazy for Crust