Jul 03

Patriotic Apple Crumble

It’s as American as Apple Pie! This Patriotic Apple Crumble will be perfect for your holiday celebration, and thanks to King’s Hawaiian, it includes a secret ingredient!

Patriotic Apple Crumble by crazyforcrust.com

Okay. So I know that the Fourth of July is tomorrow. Your menu is probably set, right? But can I interest you in ONE more dessert? One that, well, is practically required to be at any Patriotic celebration? You need one more, right? You can never have too much dessert!

Nothing is as quite American as Apple Pie. I mean, they’re practically synonymous. If you don’t already have an apple pie on your menu for tomorrow, boy have I got the dessert for you!

Now, you say you don’t like making pies. The crust is hard to make perfect. Fine. It’s a holiday, I’ll let you have your way. How about just an apple crumble? I mean, besides the crust, the crumb is the best part!

And, even better, this Apple Crumble is so easy to dress up for your Independence Day party. If you add red and blue sprinkles to your crumble you have a dessert that just screams Fourth of July.

Patriotic Apple Crumble by crazyforcrust.com

So, you’ve now seen I’m right, correct? You need another dessert on your table tomorrow? Good. You can find the recipe for this Patriotic Apple Crumble on the King’s Hawaiian website. Click here for the recipe.

And, guess what? It’s on the King’s Hawaiian site. So…three guesses what’s in the crumble. The first two guesses don’t count. GO!

Enjoy, and Happy 4th of July!

27 Responses to “Patriotic Apple Crumble”

1. Heather @ French Press posted on July 3, 2013 at 3:29 pm (#)

crumble is pretty much the only way I DO pie! Happy 4th Dorothy

2. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on July 3, 2013 at 4:55 pm (#)

crumbles = time savers and the best way to do pie! happy 4th Dorothy!

3. Amy posted on July 3, 2013 at 5:39 pm (#)

I love crumbles! The topping is 100x better than the crust… Although you might not necessarily agree. ;) Sounds like you finally braved this insane 110° heat to bake — good for you!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 4th, 2013 at 7:17 am

Thanks Amy!! :) I baked it awhile back…on a cooler day!

• Amy replied on July 4th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

So smart!! I haven’t turned on my oven in a week… I’m actually depressed about that. So I baked in my tiny convection toaster oven this morning, and the world felt right again. ;) What are we Sacramento baking-lovers supposed to do??

Happy 4th of July!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 5th, 2013 at 7:59 am

I’ve totally done that. It’s crazy how hot it is!

• Amy replied on July 5th, 2013 at 11:23 am

Glad I’m not the only one who does the toaster oven trick! And… It’s finally NORMAL today! Less than 90° — I’m throwing a cookie baking party! ;)

4. Mr. & Mrs. P posted on July 3, 2013 at 7:45 pm (#)

Very festive!! Hope you have a safe and wonderful 4th!!!

5. Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen posted on July 3, 2013 at 8:19 pm (#)

I find whenever I have or make a crumble, I end up throwing out the filling and crust and just eating the crumble! But, it is a much butter timesaver and tastes so much better! (Although I do love a good pie!)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 4th, 2013 at 7:17 am

I love the crumble as much as the crust, so I get it! I usually throw out the filling….

6. Jamie @lifelovelemons posted on July 4, 2013 at 3:05 am (#)

LOVE this idea for the crust!

7. Jocelyn@BruCrew Life posted on July 4, 2013 at 1:32 pm (#)

Love this!! It looks so good!! Happy 4th! ;)

8. Nessa posted on July 4, 2013 at 4:20 pm (#)

Heck yes!

9. Tahnycooks posted on July 4, 2013 at 8:14 pm (#)

I just went and checked out the recipe; it’s a keeper! I’m passionate about apple pie, thanks for such a unique twist on an old American classic!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 5th, 2013 at 7:58 am

Thanks so much! Apple pie is my favorite one ever!

10. Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen posted on July 4, 2013 at 9:35 pm (#)

Sometimes crumbs are just better than crust. Sometimes. This time yes- love all the color :)

11. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on July 5, 2013 at 8:55 am (#)

Beautiful crumble and totally festive! :) Hope you had a lovely holiday, Dorothy!

12. Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen posted on July 5, 2013 at 12:51 pm (#)

How Festive!!!

13. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on July 7, 2013 at 8:18 pm (#)

Crumbles are the BEST, and I love this patriotic version!