Happy Friday my peeps! I hope you had a wonderful week, full of sugar and hugs. I have SO much to share this week, so let’s get started!
1. During our trip to San Francisco last weekend, my husband and I ate at Scala’s Bistro, and Italian restaurant right off Union Square. It was amazingly good, a definite to-be-repeated restaurant. On their menu, there was this quote, and it spoke to me for obvious reasons. (I, of course, added the word “sugary” in front of “dish” and it really hit home.) It struck such a chord with me, I came home and created a printable for you. Click the link below to download an 8×10 image.
2. Want to win a giveaway? My BFF Ashton is celebrating her birthday with a HUGE giveaway!
Want to win some of my favorite things?! Here’s what’s up for grabs:
- KitchenAid Artisan 5 qt. Stand Mixer – Red
- A $300 Gift Card to Target
- All of the Blogger recipe books pictured above! (10 total)
How can you enter to win all of these goodies (an $800 value!)? Simply fill out the Rafflecopter form below by signing in with your Facebook or E-mail account (you’re required to use one of those so we can contact you if you win!):
a Rafflecopter giveaway
3. Want a slice of pie?
I could certainly use a few.
4. I recently discovered my newest favorite author: A.K. Turner.
5. I again ate my way through another trip. It’s become that thing I do.
A Biscoff Latte at the Biscoff store on Pier 39.
A picnic from the Ferry Building, including salumi from Boccalone (their motto is “Tasty Salted Pig Parts”…you need that place in your life).
And RED VELVET FRIED CHICKEN.
6. Okay, that last one, the Red Velvet Fried Chicken, along with so many other tasty eats, cupcakes, and a champagne drink called The Princess, are from one of the best restaurants I’ve ever eaten at: American Cupcake.
If you live in San Francisco, are traveling there, or even driving through, you MUST stop there and eat. They are a bake shop, selling cupcakes and whoppie pies and cotton candy, but they also have a full dinner menu and are starting to serve brunch too.
The Red Velvet Fried Chicken was the best chicken I’ve ever had. EVER. It was a chicken breast, no bone. The patty was juicy and fresh, and the red velvet coating gave a nice crunch with just a mild sweetness. Every single bite of food we ate was amazing. Seriously – GO THERE.
8. Want to win a $500 Amazon Gift Card? Just a few days left to enter!
9. How amazing do these Chocolate Avocado Donuts by Buns in My Oven look?
I am so making them. SOON.
10. Need any zucchini?
11. This is what I wish I was doing right now:
Alas, I’m not.
Instead, I’m making coffee cake because we’re going having Jordan’s cousin over for a sleepover tomorrow night and taking them to see Zendaya at the State Fair. #helpme #getmeearplugs #omgnoooooo
Thanks for reading! I hope you all have a great weekend! What are you up to?
Subscribe via email and have sugar delivered straight to your inbox!