Jan 05

Crazy Sweet Tuesday Features and Announcement

I know, it’s Saturday. Weird, but here I am with Crazy Sweet Tuesday features. Roll with me, mmkay?

I have made a decision about Crazy Sweet Tuesday. While I love what it’s done for Crazy for Crust and how it’s allowed me do hop all over blogland and meet fun new friends, I have decided to take a break from the sweet party for awhile. I had a really hard time making this choice. I’ve been waffling over it for awhile, how I really want to focus on recipes and other means of growing my blog and meeting new bloggers, but how much I love the party. I took a week long break for Christmas and, when I put the last party up on New Year’s Eve (and it had a linky malfunction) I realized how overwhelmed I was, and how much I need a break from it.

I will miss the party, for sure. I look forward to seeing all the links each week. But I’m hoping that the time I spend writing the post can go towards making a dent in my reader. Or allow me to focus on all the sugar I have in my head.

December was super busy in the Crazy household, as I’m sure it was for you too. I feel like I got away from some of the things I loved about Crazy for Crust (like…the enjoying the baking…) and I want to refocus on it. I think that taking a break from the party will allow me to do that. I hope to be able to bring back Whatever Friday (new and improved!) and throw in a round-up post or a social media party now and again.

So, I hope that, if you only came here for the party, that you’ll consider coming to visit more often. I’ll make you virtually fat, I promise! ;)

And I’m not saying I’m quitting Crazy Sweet Tuesday forever…maybe she’ll be back new and improved sometime too!

So…

Welcome to Crazy Sweet Tuesday (the features edition) the party where you came to get your weekly dose of sugar!

Here are the features that caught my eye this week…

coffee-chip-oreo-truffle-bark-title-2

Coffee Chip Oreo Truffle Bark by Inside BruCrew Life

chocolate eggnog pecan bread pudding

Chocolate Eggnog Pecan Bread Pudding my {Shaken Together}

Toffe Cupcakes

Toffee Crunch Cupcakes by The Farm Girl Recipes

sticks2

Hot Chocolate on a Stick by Turtles and Tails

snickersnaps1

Snickersnaps by Searching for Dessert

DSC_3756-edited

Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle by Something Swanky

DSC_0756

Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies by Kristin’s kNook

Y’all have been pinned!

Thanks for partying with me. Y’all come back now, ya’ hear?

{Sniff.}

30 Responses to “Crazy Sweet Tuesday Features and Announcement”

1. keri @ shaken together posted on January 5, 2013 at 1:59 am (#)

Thanks for the feature, Dorothy and I can’t wait to see what you cook, er, BAKE up!! I’m stickin’ with you, girl!

• crazyforcrust replied on January 5th, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Thanks Keri! :)

2. Karen @ Trilogy Edibles posted on January 5, 2013 at 5:40 am (#)

Oh Dorothy. I know how you feel. Blogging should be fun not overwhelming. Love everything you do! I wish I could have visited more often but know that I always read you blog posts. You one of the reasons I need to exercise. Lol. Love ya

• crazyforcrust replied on January 5th, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Thanks Karen! I know you’re there. :) you rock girl!

3. Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground posted on January 5, 2013 at 5:54 am (#)

Didn’t start ‘reading’ you for your party … and won’t stop ‘reading’ you because it’s on hiatus (or even if it’s gone forever). I ‘read’ ’cause I like your style! Keep on truckin’ with the great stuff, Dorothy!!

4. Elaine posted on January 5, 2013 at 7:26 am (#)

Good for you for realizing what your goals are and refocusing your energy on things that will be the most rewarding. While I love your party and will miss it, I read your blog daily and certainly won’t stop now. I hope January is a little less crazy for you! Get back in the kitchen and enjoy baking!! :)

• crazyforcrust replied on January 5th, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Thank you Elaine! I hope so too. :)

5. Ellen@Bake It With Booze posted on January 5, 2013 at 7:49 am (#)

I did the same thing in our own smaller-blog-sorta-way this past summer: took a break. I found I wasn’t having as much fun with the baking, posting part. I so appreciate all you’ve done on/via your blog to help all us other bloggers. I’m still here, reading and drooling and listening. :) XO

• crazyforcrust replied on January 5th, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Thanks Ellen! I know I can count on you. :)

6. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme posted on January 5, 2013 at 9:57 am (#)

I’m sure hosting Crazy Sweet Tuesday was a lot of work! I’m always here drooling over the amazing and creative recipes you come up with! :)

• crazyforcrust replied on January 5th, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Thanks Jennifer!

7. Kristin posted on January 5, 2013 at 11:12 am (#)

Thank you for the feature! (Dang, those things were good!)
    You know we don’t read for the link party…we read for the sugar. More recipes can’t be a bad thing!

• crazyforcrust replied on January 5th, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Thanks Kristin! :) Those things were good!

8. Pingback: Crazy Sweet Tuesday Features and Announcement - Crazy for Crust | Crazy for Crust

9. Lisa posted on January 5, 2013 at 12:37 pm (#)

Dorothy, there’s nobody I’d rather have get me virtually fat : )

• crazyforcrust replied on January 5th, 2013 at 6:11 pm

LOL. Thanks, I’m good at that! :)

10. Shannon @ Searching For Dessert posted on January 5, 2013 at 1:50 pm (#)

Thanks for featuring my Snickersnaps Dorothy! I visit your blog everyday because I love what you do :) I look forward to seeing the positive changes that are going to happening on the blog and seeing all of the delicious treats you post :)

• crazyforcrust replied on January 5th, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Thanks Shannon, that’s so sweet of you!

11. tanya posted on January 5, 2013 at 1:54 pm (#)

I will surely miss partying with you! I understand how crazy life is, so I can understand the need for a break. Thanks for hosting each week. Good luck Dorothy!

• crazyforcrust replied on January 5th, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Thanks Tanya!

12. Marcai posted on January 5, 2013 at 2:12 pm (#)

I really enjoyed Crazy Sweet Tuesdays, but I understand how much work that it takes to put together. Honestly, some Tuesdays I’m so busy that I didn’t have time to go through all of the recipes you had on the post, and I would keep it in my email for 3 days. I am looking forward to see all your new recipes! I love your Blog!

• crazyforcrust replied on January 5th, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Thank you Marcai That’s so sweet. :)

13. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on January 5, 2013 at 9:08 pm (#)

For about a month about a year or so ago I did a LinkzIn or whatever it’s called linky tool thing. Just getting that set up was work. And then the emails, etc and really it does not benefit the hostess; it benefits others. And you have more than paid your dues and been helpful to us all – and I’ve always appreciated them but lord knows you have to prioritize your time & energy and put yourself, your family, your cooking, own blog, etc before a party for others. Good for you for reclaiming your time!

• crazyforcrust replied on January 6th, 2013 at 7:08 am

Thanks Averie! It’s nice to hear that I’m supported in this. :)

14. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on January 6, 2013 at 12:34 pm (#)

I think that’s a wonderful decision Dorothy. It is YOUR blog and yours to do whatever you would like with it. In 2013, focus on doing what works best for you and its growth. And if a link party does not line up with those specific goals and strategies to get to that point, then let it go for awhile. I have learned to start saying no to some things in life and it is so liberating. I know you’ll be thankful for this decision Dorothy!

• crazyforcrust replied on January 6th, 2013 at 4:11 pm

I already am…lol! :) Thanks so much for your support Sally!

15. val posted on January 7, 2013 at 10:18 am (#)

This looks incredibly delicious.

16. Sue {munchkin mnchins} posted on January 7, 2013 at 1:36 pm (#)

Thanks for all you’ve done for all of us with the fun party! I stand behind you and will always be a fan! Happy New Year, Dorothy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 7th, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Aw, thanks so much Sue!

17. Pingback: Cake Batter Dip Dessert Snackadium with Pillsbury - Crazy for Crust | Crazy for Crust