Nov 22

Happy Thanksgiving {Whatever Friday edition}

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope that you all are surrounded by family and friends today, all set in your stretchy pants for the eating marathon.

I know it’s only Thursday and I’m posting Whatever Friday, but I’m spending the weekend with my family eating stuffing and pie and shopping. I figured I’d post this before all the festivities started!

1. Look at the awesomeness that Ashton sent me. It actually made me tear up a little. Because you know what? Sometimes it does take two. (Most of the time, really.) That’s one big thing I learned from Online BlogCon – we, as bloggers, aren’t out there all alone. We have each other.

{And yes. My hands are purple. That’s not a filter. Winter has come to Northern California, which means my hands will not be pink again until Spring.}

2. I bought my ticket and I am soooooooo excited. Who’s going????

3. This happened Monday night.

Ohmigod it was so good people. There was one part I almost peed my pants and at the end I almost cried. It’s over people! Over! No more Bella and Edward and Jacob. *Sob*

At least we can look forward to the next Hunger Games movie!

4. This doesn’t happen very often, but when it does, my heart sings.

5. This week I posted Christmas!

I poked a cake.

And I stuffed some brownies.

I’m also giving away a Chef’s Planet Nonstick Ovenliner. Go enter to win!

6. I’m shopping tomorrow. I always do…but I get up at a normal time and go when I want. I just like it getting me into the spirit. This year we will be with family, so Mel and I get to go alone together. He’s so excited for our date. #not

7. Well…that’s about it. I’m going to try and take a few days “off” for the holiday. Which means I’ll be reading blogs and instagramming up a storm, but I’m not touching my dashboard. Or editing one photo. :) So, until Sunday…

15 Responses to “Happy Thanksgiving {Whatever Friday edition}”

1. The Witch's Kitchen posted on November 22, 2012 at 1:31 pm (#)

Hope you have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

2. Linda posted on November 22, 2012 at 7:34 pm (#)

Hope it was happy. I’m stuffed!

3. Melissa posted on November 22, 2012 at 9:21 pm (#)

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday! =)

4. Kristin posted on November 23, 2012 at 12:02 am (#)

Thank goodness it’s over :) (referring to #3 on your list). And bring on Jennifer Lawrence. Love her.
    And I am thankful for inspirational, dependable bloggers like YOU, Dorothy! Have a wonderful weekend!

5. Mindy posted on November 23, 2012 at 3:49 am (#)

It’s almost 6 am here on Friday and I’m just thinking about getting out to shop. Was supposed to go with friends at midnight and I just couldn’t do it – so, at the very least I need baking supplies – if there is anything else left and I’m able to purchase at a good price I’ll consider that a bonus!
    Have a great rest of the weekend!

6. sue @ cakeballs, cookies and more posted on November 23, 2012 at 5:24 am (#)

LOL happy thanksgiving. And thanks so much for your info on my post, I told hubby and he was all???? I don’t think I explained it right, so he is going to read it. Sigh, stupid computers!

7. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on November 23, 2012 at 7:16 am (#)

I have my stretchy pants on today after all the food (ok, dessert) that I consumed yesterday! I am so thankful for fun blogging friends…eeeiikkk I am so excited to meet you at BlogHer!!! It is going to be so much fun:-) Have a great weekend with your family!!!

• crazyforcrust replied on November 25th, 2012 at 5:39 pm

I know, I’m sooooooo excited!

8. Ellen@Bake It With Booze posted on November 23, 2012 at 8:45 am (#)

Have a great time today shopping! Glad you’re taking a few days off to get in the spirit. I’d brave our Target today if I had the guts…You are brave! :) Happy be-lated Thanksgiving!

9. Elaine posted on November 23, 2012 at 6:00 pm (#)

That is such a sweet necklace! I hope you had lots of luck shopping today. There were a lot of crazies out today, so my shopping was cut short and I got a manicure instead. :)

10. Rachel @ I Love My Disorganized Life posted on November 23, 2012 at 10:47 pm (#)

If I won I would make my blueberry pie. It ALWAYS spills over, so this is just what I need!

11. Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen posted on November 25, 2012 at 8:55 am (#)

It is Sunday Morning and I have been slaving away at my real job in the mall for a insane amount of hours over the last few days! I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• crazyforcrust replied on November 25th, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Well, I hope you get a few days off to relax soon! You deserve it after helping all those crazies, lol.

12. Ashton @ Something Swanky posted on November 26, 2012 at 8:39 am (#)

It DOES take two :) …or it just takes you. Either way.

And I am SO. STINKING. EXCITED. for the next Hunger Games movie!!!!!!! Like…. I can’t even type right now I’m getting so excited thinking about it!

13. Katie @ Dip It In Chocolate posted on November 27, 2012 at 9:53 am (#)

Oh don’t love you love how much men LOVE black friday?? haha…