Sep 03

Crazy Sweet Tuesday

Well hello friends! Welcome to Crazy Sweet Tuesday, where sugar rules the day.

Did you all have a great Labor Day weekend? I hope so! We visited my parents’ and then had a relaxing day at home today. Summer still has a hold on Mother Nature here in Sacramento. So it’s still HOT when all I want to do is eat pumpkin treats, wear jeans and boots, and get a hot latte from Starbucks.

I have a feeling I have a few more weeks (at least!) before we get relief. Oh well. I’ll have to live Fall vicariously through all of you who live where Labor Day actually means Fall is coming!

Now for the fabulous features from last week…

Peanut Butter S’mores Bars by Back For Seconds. It’s still summer here. I still want S’mores!

Homemade Slurpees by Mandy’s Recipe Box. Yes, this recipe WILL be made. I assure you!

Frosted Cashew Drop Cookies by Milwaukee Kitchen. I want to make these for Christmas!

Pumpkin Oreo Donuts by Inside BruCrew Life. Pumpkin + Oreo = Dorothy Love

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Brownies by Baked from a Box. I mean, there really aren’t any words, are there?

And now, for the most clicked treat last week…

Arlington Bars by Cooking to Perfection. Cookies and Cheesecake, yo!

Thank you to everyone who linked last week, and who hung in there during my transfer and came back even after getting errors. I love y’all!

Well, I still have a few hours of “holiday weekend” left, so I’m gonna go enjoy. Have a wonderful week and I can’t wait to see what sugar you share with me. :)

51 Responses to “Crazy Sweet Tuesday”

1. Heather @French Press posted on September 3, 2012 at 6:07 pm (#)

it better cool off soon!! I need sweaters to cover my jiggle:)

• crazyforcrust replied on September 3rd, 2012 at 7:33 pm

I agree! :) Unfortunately, ha!

2. Kitty posted on September 3, 2012 at 6:15 pm (#)

Lots of yummy features, Dorothy! I’m hoping it cools off too. Summer drags on on Texas. Thanks for hosting.

• crazyforcrust replied on September 3rd, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Thanks Kitty!

3. Susan posted on September 3, 2012 at 6:17 pm (#)

Here, we’re lucky to be having Fall-like days and cool nights. I’m a little sad to see summer going, but baking passes the time. Great treats!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 3rd, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I’m jealous. I can’t wait for Fall days. :)

4. Karyn - Pint Sized Baker posted on September 3, 2012 at 6:41 pm (#)

The weather is exactly why I refuse to delve into “fall” treats. It’s still too soon to be making pumpkin based treats. I’m not ready to give up the fruit desserts. I’m sure the weather will turn soon enough. It snowed last October here is West Virginia. That’s pretty odd.
    Thanks for the party. Have a sweet day!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 3rd, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I know, I feel the rush to Fall baking. :) Thanks for coming Karyn and have a great night!

5. Anne @ Domesblissity posted on September 3, 2012 at 6:52 pm (#)

Great features Dorothy. Thanks for hosting!

Anne xx

• crazyforcrust replied on September 3rd, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Thanks for coming Anne!

6. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on September 3, 2012 at 7:05 pm (#)

Our weather keeps going back and forth…I am ready for it to stay cool. Jeans and sweatshirt weather is my all time favorite! Thank you so much for such a sweet party every week!!!

• Jocelyn @BruCrew Life replied on September 3rd, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Oh and thank you so much for sharing my Pumpkin Donuts…I am on quite a pumpkin kick these days:-)

• crazyforcrust replied on September 3rd, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Me too! Thanks for always coming. :)

7. Deb@CookingOnTheFrontBurner posted on September 3, 2012 at 7:10 pm (#)

It is hot in the midwest too! I’m craving apple pie with apples from our tree… too hot to turn the oven on :-) Thanks for hosting!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 3rd, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Isn’t that the worst? Thanks for coming Deb!

8. Trish posted on September 3, 2012 at 7:18 pm (#)

Can’t wait to link up my post tomorrow . . . . a First Day of School breakfast!! I am into pancakes these days….HUGS!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 3rd, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I can’t wait to see! :)

9. Trish @ Mom On Timeout posted on September 3, 2012 at 7:33 pm (#)

Thanks so much for hosting Dorothy! Hope you’re enjoying the weekend!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 3rd, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Thanks, you too Trish!

10. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on September 3, 2012 at 8:11 pm (#)

Eek, thanks for the party. I’m wearing no bra and yoga pants–this is the coolest party ever! Also, love the features. Those donuts are insane and I need those slushees in my life. Let’s boozify them, yeah??

• crazyforcrust replied on September 4th, 2012 at 6:31 am

Hahahahaha you’re so funny! And I agree, parties you can be totally casual at are the best. I never wear a bra to my own party. Booze. Yes. Good!

11. Back For Seconds posted on September 3, 2012 at 8:23 pm (#)

Yippee! Thanks for featuring my S’mores Bars! You rock!
    It’s still nice and hot here, but I love it! I am all for the flavors of fall, just let me keep my sunshine ;)
    Thanks for the party. Enjoy your evening!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 4th, 2012 at 6:31 am

You’re welcome! Have a great week. :)

12. Joan@Chocolateandmore posted on September 3, 2012 at 8:47 pm (#)

I’m with you girl, I’ve got 3 shelves in my closest just full of my favorite sweaters! Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 4th, 2012 at 6:32 am

Mine mock me every day! :) Thanks Joan!

13. Winnie posted on September 3, 2012 at 11:13 pm (#)

Hi Dorothy
    I wish Fall was here, I’m tired of this terribly hot weather we have.
    You know – pumpkin-desserts are nor familiar here, but I’m trying now a few recipes, and hopefully people will start loving them

Thanks for another wonderful party and have a great week

• crazyforcrust replied on September 4th, 2012 at 6:32 am

Yes they will! Thanks for coming Winnie!

14. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on September 4, 2012 at 2:17 am (#)

I am welcoming the fall with open arms! We had a super HUMID weekend over Labor Day, so I am more ready than ever to break out my scarves, leggings, boots, and more pumpkin!! Thanks for hosting today Dorothy! I’ve already found at least 6 new recipes to try! Those features from last week are great picks! Esp those reese’s PB cup brownies… drool ;)

• crazyforcrust replied on September 4th, 2012 at 6:33 am

I know, I always get dessert ADD on Tuesdays. Er, who am I kidding? I have it every day. :) Thanks Sally!

15. tanya posted on September 4, 2012 at 3:07 am (#)

It’s officially the end of summer! The weather can turn cooler any time! BTW, love the new look on your blog! Thanks for the party!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 4th, 2012 at 6:33 am

Thanks for coming! :)

16. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on September 4, 2012 at 3:30 am (#)

Thanks for hosting Dorothy! It’s supposed to be 90’s here this week, and it rained all weekend, but I’m still ready for fall. I made my first pumpkin dessert, so that means I’m in bigtime now!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 4th, 2012 at 6:34 am

Yep, we bloggers will force Fall to come with all our pumpkin and Halloween. :)

17. Pingback: Peanut Butter Lover Trail Mix | Little Kitchen, Big Flavors

18. The Farm Girl posted on September 4, 2012 at 7:41 am (#)

Thanks for hosting :)

• crazyforcrust replied on September 4th, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Thank you for coming! :)

19. Jen Nikolaus posted on September 4, 2012 at 8:41 am (#)

Ohhhhh!!! Yummy features!! I hope you had a wonderful {hot} ;) holiday weekend! Thank you so much for hosting! I’m also ready for jeans & boots and yummy pumpkin treats…yay for fall! Have a great day Dorothy!

~Jen @ Yummy-Healthy-Easy

• crazyforcrust replied on September 4th, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Thanks Jen! My boots are itching to be worn. :)

20. Sara@MilwaukeeKitchen posted on September 4, 2012 at 5:54 pm (#)

Thank you so much for featuring my Frosted Cashew Drop Cookies! It is such an honor to be mentioned with such awesome other links…especially on your blog. Thanks again; I grabbed one of your buttons. Sara

• crazyforcrust replied on September 4th, 2012 at 6:26 pm

You’re welcome Sara! They are awesome cookies. :) Have a great night!

21. Crystal {@phatbakes} posted on September 5, 2012 at 6:53 pm (#)

Ack! Your first paragraph got me in a funk! I want fall, too!! Maybe I will be like you and bake Fall until it succumbs to my demands!! Dude, seriously…I want Starbucks now! ;0P

• crazyforcrust replied on September 5th, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Do it! I put away my toaster oven (what I’ve been using to not heat up my kitchen) in a fit of defiance of Mother Nature today. :)

• Crystal {@phatbakes} replied on September 5th, 2012 at 8:03 pm

LMAO! Atleast we’ve been in the low 80’s hope it cools off for you guys out there soon!!

22. Lori Ann @ Lori Ann's Food & Fam posted on September 10, 2012 at 4:53 am (#)

HI Dorothy,
    I love your Blog! I’m kinda a “newbie” to the whole bloggin’ thing…Just wanted to share my new “munchin’ on mondays” linky party i’m hosting! Hope you and your friends can stop by & share some of your awesome goodies. Thank you Thank you!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 10th, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Welcome! Thanks for visiting! :)

23. Pingback: Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookie Bars

24. Pingback: Apple Kringle

25. Pingback: Fluffernutter Fudge Brownies

26. Pingback: Chocolate Bundt Cake with Pecans and Coconut: Secret Recipe Club

27. Pingback: חלות ולחמניות עם דלעת » משהו מתוק - הבלוג של וויני

28. Pingback: עוגת דלעת עם שוקולד צ'יפס בזיגוג דבשי » משהו מתוק - הבלוג של וויני