Aug 01

Peanut Butter Fudgsicles and Nectresse

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of NECTRESSE™Sweetener for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

peanut butter fudgsicles 3 words

It’s no secret that I love sugar. Um, all you have to do is read any of my posts to know that!

And as much as I love a sweet treat all the time once in awhile, I know it’s important to limit how much sugar I eat. I mean, bathing suits don’t wear themselves you know.

This is why I always use sugar substitute in my coffee. And on cereal. And in whatever I can to easily reduce the calories, because I know I’m going to eat seven brownies after dinner. There’s really no fighting that.

When Nectresse offered to send me a sample of their no calorie sweetener, I was excited to try it. I must say, I am really picky about my sweeteners. If it doesn’t taste like sugar or has any sort of aftertaste, I’m not gonna like it.

NECTRESSE™Sweetener is 150 times sweeter than sugar and can be used in cooking and baking to add natural, zero calorie per serving sweetness to your drinks and foods. Nectresse is the only 100% natural sweetener made from fruit – monk fruit, to be exact.

{I know, you’re like, what the heck is monk fruit? It’s a small green melon that’s found in Asia. And it can be turned into a rockin’ sweetener!}

I added Nectresse to my morning coffee and didn’t taste a thing but sweet. Same went for cereal. And what’s even better? I only had to use one packet, where normally I use at least two. I didn’t taste any sort of chemical, which is a definite plus for me.

The true test? Making dessert!

It’s so hot here in Sacramento (95 today) that there was no way I was turning on my oven. Right now I want to live in my freezer, so my mind immediately went to ice cream. For some reason I was craving a fudgsicle. I thought, why not make some?

I made a homemade chocolate pudding for the chocolate layers of these pops. I used Nectresse in the making of the pudding and you know what was great? I used way less of the Nectresse than the recipe called for in sugar. About 3/4 cup less!

Because I can’t just make a chocolate fudgsicle and call it a day, I made a peanut butter layer. Of course.

And I got a sweet, fudgy, super-chocolatey, almost sugar-free fudgsicle as a result. Total success.

Even more successful? My husband ate it.

I found that the Nectresse was a perfect subsitute for sugar in this recipe. And I’m stoked I have some packets left over. Great to carry in my purse when I get to a restaurant and only see blue and pink packets. Yes, I am that person who carries sweetener with her everywhere she goes.

What? You’re not?
Peanut Butter Fudgsicles and Nectresse

Yield: Makes about 8 large fudgsicles, or more if your molds are smaller.

Adapted from Kitchen Meets Girl.

For the Chocolate Pudding
  • For the Fudgsicles
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter
  • 4 packets Nectresse
  • 1 cup milk, divided
  • Chocolate Pudding

Make the Pudding
  1. Whisk egg in a small bowl and set aside.
  2. Whisk cornstarch, cocoa, milk, and Nectresse in a medium saucepan until combined. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
  3. Remove from heat and pour a ladleful of the hot chocolate mixture in with the egg bowl, while whisking the egg. Pour egg mixture into hot pan and stir until combined. Return to heat and cook just until it boils. Remove from heat. Stir in butter, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Pour into a bowl and cover the top with a layer of plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming. Chill until cooled.
  4. Make the Fudgsicles
  5. Mix peanut butter, Nectresse, and 1/2 cup milk in a medium bowl with a hand mixer.
  6. Stir 1/2 cup milk into the cooled chocolate pudding.
  7. Fill the bottom third of your popsicle molds with chocolate pudding. Divide the peanut butter mixture evenly among the molds. Fill with the remaining pudding. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
Lisa Ling is a spokesperson for Nectresse. Check out what she has to say:

Are you intrigued? Get your own FREE sample of NECTRESSE™Sweetener!

I link up to all of these fabulous parties each week!

Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat TuesdayCast Party WednesdaySweet Treats ThursdayChic-and-CraftyTastetastic ThursdaySweet Tooth FridayI’m Lovin’ it FridaysSweets for a SaturdayA Well-Seasoned LifeStrut your Stuff Saturday, Weekend Wrap Up Party, Weekend Potluckand all of these too!

Visit Sponsor's Site

57 Responses to “Peanut Butter Fudgsicles and Nectresse”

1. Pamela posted on August 1, 2012 at 6:14 pm (#)

Love this Dorothy, they look so good!

2. Trish - Sweetology101 posted on August 1, 2012 at 6:20 pm (#)

wow – I had never heard of these. I am excited to try it. I use mostly splenda but it is kinda blah – this sounds cool, I appreciate your review!!

3. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on August 1, 2012 at 6:22 pm (#)

these look crazy good! PB + chocolate, in any form is great – especially like a fudgsicle!

4. Janine (sugarkissed.net) posted on August 1, 2012 at 7:48 pm (#)

If there’s no after taste, I’m interested. Is it sold in the grocery store with the other sweeteners?

5. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on August 1, 2012 at 7:55 pm (#)

Ooh, I’m always looking for recipes using a good sugar substitute. I’ve never heard of this sweetener, but I’m going to have to find it and try it out. Otherwise, at the rate I’m going, my jeans aren’t going to button this fall.

6. Back for Seconds posted on August 1, 2012 at 8:38 pm (#)

I love a good fudgesicle and props to you on adding a peanut butter layer! They came out really pretty too! I will have to check out this sweetner.

7. Heather Kinnaird posted on August 1, 2012 at 8:48 pm (#)

HOLY WOW!! I need to make these now

8. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on August 1, 2012 at 9:36 pm (#)

You know I’m game for fudgesicles. And popsicles. And anything that’s cold, frosty and icy now that I am perpetually sweating in our atrocious heat. These look awesome–and you know they’re Mel-approved if he ate one!

9. Tonia L posted on August 1, 2012 at 9:41 pm (#)

I think those look delicious! Peanut butter and chocolate go hand in hand!

10. Ambreen (Simply Sweet 'n Savory) posted on August 2, 2012 at 1:51 am (#)

Great combination, looks so tempting & delicious!

11. Winnie posted on August 2, 2012 at 6:21 am (#)

Gosh these look sooooooooooo good!
    I still don’t have popsicle molds, but that’s what i’m buying next week

12. Fudge posted on August 2, 2012 at 7:47 am (#)

These look absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

13. The Cooking Actress posted on August 2, 2012 at 8:04 am (#)

Hmmm I’m curious–I’m so scared of sweeteners bc of like Splenda (poiiison!). These fudgsicles look DELISHHHH!

14. Something Swanky posted on August 2, 2012 at 8:48 am (#)

Great recipe and I’m totally intrigued! I’m all about sugar substitutes! Off to get my free samples :)

15. Jocelyn posted on August 2, 2012 at 12:15 pm (#)

well, now I am super intrigued by this new sweetener!!! I love that you couldn’t just make plain fudgesicles:-) Another great reason we are friends!!!

16. Angela posted on August 2, 2012 at 6:40 pm (#)

They look delicious. Love your popsicle mold also!

17. Jenni posted on August 2, 2012 at 7:05 pm (#)

Yum! Fudgscicles are my absolute favorite summer treat… and add Peanut Butter??? HEAVEN!!!!

18. Karyn - Pint Sized Baker posted on August 2, 2012 at 8:03 pm (#)

Oh yum!! This looks so good! I love fudgesicles and with the peanut butter added, that’s just puts it over the top!

19. Baked In The South posted on August 3, 2012 at 6:18 am (#)

yum! we would love for you to link up some of your recipes over at our party!

20. Karly posted on August 3, 2012 at 11:45 am (#)

Um, woah. Peanut butter fudgsicles? Where have these been all my life?

21. Dip It In Chocolate posted on August 3, 2012 at 11:45 am (#)

Gorgeous! I love to save calories where I can, but I can’t deal with aftertastes either. Bleh! I’ll have to look for this.

22. Sweet Bella Roos posted on August 3, 2012 at 1:28 pm (#)

I’m so with you on the after taste from sweetners! and on the seven brownies after dinner…. or before… maybe during…

Thanks for linking up at Pin It Thursday!

23. Amy posted on August 3, 2012 at 9:26 pm (#)

Oh those look super yummy!

24. Erin Alldredge posted on August 4, 2012 at 11:23 am (#)

I LOVE fudgesicles and you added peanut butter to them? I’m in heaven. I’d really love it if you shared these at my link party. http://acraftycook.blogspot.com/2012/08/1-month-of-fun-august-link-party.html

25. Heidi Fowler posted on August 4, 2012 at 7:10 pm (#)

Yum! I’d love for you to link up this (and any other ideas you’d like to share) at “One Creative Weekend” on OneCreativeMommy.com.

26. whirl + whisk posted on August 5, 2012 at 5:49 am (#)

Fudgsicles are one of my favorites! I love the idea of peanut butter with it!

27. Asilia posted on August 5, 2012 at 8:09 am (#)

Usually I just use real sugar and eat less, but this seems like a great substitute. And those look absolutely divine.

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on August 5th, 2012 at 3:28 pm

You could definitely adapt this with sugar. Follow the link in my recipe to the other pudding (with real sugar) and use that instead. You may just need to adjust the amount for the peanut butter layer. Enjoy!

28. Sarah posted on August 5, 2012 at 9:46 am (#)

Bringing back childhood memories of my mom making pb fudgesicles for my brothers and me!

My husband and son can’t have sugar. Haven’t heard of this sweetener yet. Thanks! Also, because of them not having sugar, have any suggestions for making your pudding with cocoa powder instead of chocolate chips?

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on August 5th, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Yes you could totally leave out the chocolate chips! You would probably want to add more sweetener though. Just taste as you go. :) Enjoy!

29. Slice of Southern posted on August 5, 2012 at 9:08 pm (#)

This looks delishhh! I’d like to invite you to share your recipe on Southern Sundays. My linky party is going on now. Hope to see you there! http://www.asliceofsouthern.blogspot.com

30. Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com posted on August 8, 2012 at 9:16 pm (#)

Oh yum! I havent tried nectresse but Ive seen it around. Thanks for the fun new recipe and Ill defiantly pick up some nectresse soon!

Thanks so much for linking up to Financial Friday last week! I hope to see ya there tomorrow at 7!

31. Deana posted on August 9, 2012 at 12:19 pm (#)

These look amazing……..Thanks for linking up @ CountryMommaCooks link and greet party…..hope to see you again tomorrow : )

32. Allison @ Alli 'n Son posted on August 9, 2012 at 5:59 pm (#)

Oh yum! You can’t get better than chocolate and peanut butter.

Sop by, you are one of the featured recipes on this week’s Sweet Tooth Friday.

33. kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor posted on August 11, 2012 at 8:34 pm (#)

Dorothy, these look fantastic!! I have some pop molds calling their name! Thanks so much for linking up last week. I’m featuring this tomorrow night at the party!

{HUGS},
    kristi

34. michelle posted on August 31, 2012 at 5:03 pm (#)

Where did you get the popsicle molds?

• crazyforcrust replied on August 31st, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Those were from Williams-Sonoma, several years ago. I just saw it on amazon here. :)

35. Lyuba@willcookforsmiles posted on June 27, 2013 at 8:07 pm (#)

I LOVE pudding pops and these look so delicious!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 28th, 2013 at 6:20 am

Thanks Lyuba!

36. Pingback: 26 Fourth of July Recipe Ideas - Crazy for Crust

37. Pingback: Best Healthy Popsicle Recipes | All Day I Dream About Food

38. Pingback: he Best 10 Chocolate recipes ever | For Women

39. Pingback: My love for peanut butter : emerald + ella blog

40. seo company india posted on September 7, 2014 at 9:36 pm (#)

Good day! This is my first visit to your blog!

We are a collection of volunteers and starting a
    new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us
    useful information to work on. You have done a marvellous job!