It’s Friday, yay! Although I’m a little sad, because that means that Almond Joy Week is over.
But it’s a three day weekend, woot!
How was your week? Long? Short? Busy? I’m jealous that so many of you are already out of school. We have until June 7th.
Lots of stuff happened this week..let’s get started!
1. First and foremost, it was Almond Joy Week.
I tempted you with another awesome pudding cookie.
I gave you a rundown of the 10 pounds I’m going to gain when I got to Arizona next month.
And talked about my love of all things supercheap.
I have so many more Almond Joy ideas. I may have to do another themed week in a few months.
4. We went to the orthodontist this week. For the first of many, many visits. Turns out what I thought she needed was only a tiny part of what she actually has to have, in order to avoid surgery as an teen. It’s really a post in itself, which I’ll write when I’m still not feeling like the worst mother in the world for genetically giving her a horrible palate and allowing her to suck her thumb. Because if I write about it here now, it’s just going to sound whiny. I’m still recovering from the shock.
5. And continuing the Jordan saga…she would kill me if she knew I was writing this but I want to know if any of you have dealt with it. Unbeknownst to me, she’s been constipated since, I think, before spring break back in April. She’d been…going…fine, normal but four separate times now she wakes in the night and is sick. The doctor did an x-ray last week and that was when we realized what the problem was. Ever since then there has been a real issue, um,…dealing with the problem. It’s on and off, and her tummy ache is still there. I thought it was better Tuesday…and then Wednesday night she was sick again. Anyone deal with this? Because the hypochondriac part of me is worrying that she’s got a tumor.
6. Wednesday night I went to a food photography workshop given by the Sacramento Bee (the newspaper). I’m part of their blogger network (they run that toolbar at the bottom of my site). I learned a few good tips that I’ll share soon, but one of the best parts of the night was when they brought in a box of cookbooks that had been sent to the paper. We each got to pick one and this is the one I chose:
Come to find out it’s not even out yet! It’s Lidsay’s new cookbook, from Love and Olive Oil. I knew it sounded familiar, but what with the lateness of the evening and the fact that I was speeding to get home so I could try and win American Idol concert tickets, I didn’t give it much thought until Instagram told me. BTW people, you may want to pre-order this book. It’s totally awesome. There’s things in there like cookie dough frosting and cookie dough pie. Amazing!!
7. Flashback Friday time! Of course, today’s flashback is going to be Almond Joy related, how could it not be?
Homemade Almond Joys stacked on top of chocolate madeleines. These were awesome (and you can use brownies instead of the madeleines.) These are still one of my favorite recipes I’ve ever made.
Thanks for reading everyone. It’s been a hard week, and it’s good to be able to get it off my mind here.
Have a great weekend everyone! Happy Memorial Day!