Mar 22

Whatever Friday

It’s Friday! Yipp-

Wait a minute. That means tonight is Bingo Night at school. You know, the one where I’m in charge of food? (Although, Jordan’s teacher suggested we get it catered by Chick-fil-A and now I love her even more) so I just have to plan, organize, coordinate, and orchestrate the food.

So maybe it’ll be TGIS(aturday) for me this week.

Anyhoo…for you all I bet it’s TGIF. I’m a teensy jealous.

1. This week I talked about all sorts of things.

Andy Cohen.

How the tooth fairy ruined my life.

And how sugar can make everything better.

2. Speaking of which, I know I haven’t been commenting as much this week. Life is a little overwhelming sometimes. Normally cleaning out my reader and commenting helps with that. This week? I just want to crawl under a blanket until March ends.

3. I read a book this week. Matched, by Ally Condie. You have to read this book (especially if you liked the whole tortured teen/futuristic society thing of The Hunger Games). Normally, when I read a book I like, I slow way down during the last 50 pages so it doesn’t end. This book? I slowed way down during the first 50 pages because I didn’t want to finish it too fast. And it’s a trilogy!

4. I am so freakin’ excited to see The Hunger Games. No idea when that’s going to be but I want to see it SO bad.

5. The upside about all the stress lately? Two people have asked if I’ve lost weight. I haven’t, that I know of. How could I? I eat the three C’s: coffee, cookies, and candy. So the stress, I guess, makes me look thinner? Is there a pill for that? Oh, yeah. There is. It’s called meth. {Never mind.}

Have a great weekend everyone! Are you doing anything fun? I will be basking in my post-Bingo glow.

See ya’ on the flip side! (((Hugs)))

16 Responses to “Whatever Friday”

1. Sue Alexander posted on March 23, 2012 at 4:31 am (#)

LOL well at least your writing is making my Friday:) And meth sounds like a good option right about now, feeling really fat. Hope all goes well tonight and that you can relax this weekend.

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on March 23rd, 2012 at 11:08 am

Thanks Sue! I hope you have a good weekend too. (A meth-free one, lol.)

2. Kara posted on March 23, 2012 at 5:04 am (#)

I bought a donut maker and a donut pan and have made donuts once! I’m so sad that I haven’t used it as much as I’ve thought I would. I will definitely make the funfetti donuts this week!

3. Not Your Ordinary Agent posted on March 23, 2012 at 5:18 am (#)

I have not attempted donuts. These looks very scrummy! Please link up to Foodie Friday

4. Something Swanky posted on March 23, 2012 at 5:51 am (#)

March will be over soon, I promise :) In the meantime, don’t do meth.

And I’m so excited to try your newest book recommendation!!! Woot! Thanks !! :)

By the way, have you lost weight?

5. Kristin posted on March 23, 2012 at 7:07 am (#)

I just finished Matched a couple of weeks ago. The sequel is on my shopping list!

6. Hayley posted on March 23, 2012 at 9:28 am (#)

If you ever do meth I will punch you in the ovary, woman!!
    But to really scare you: meth makes it so you can’t eat candy. Or chocolate. Or an entire bag of coconut creme Hershey Kisses, I mean what was I saying??
    And you read books REALLY fast. And you don’t crawl under blankets, you vacuum floors. With Ginger hair all over them. All day every day. And you smell bad, and probably like soup, so we could no longer be friends.

Do you have any more donuts left over? I want some.
    BTW, I’m not on meth, but the opposite: lack of sleep. Yay!

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on March 23rd, 2012 at 11:10 am

But it’ll make me skinny! Just kidding, I’d never do meth. I don’t even like the “too-buzzed” feeling I get when I drink too much wine (not that it stops me, of course). No donuts left over, but I am baking with coconut this weekend. Oh, and peanut butter. Come on over!

7. Christina @ A Beautiful Mess posted on March 23, 2012 at 10:23 pm (#)

“Is there a pill for that? Oh, yeah. There is. It’s called meth. {Never mind.}”

hahahaha! Statements like that might be the number 2 reason why I adore your blog. Number 1 being funfetti cake donuts of course :) I thank you greatly for that recipe, well all of me except my widening booty :)

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on March 24th, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Aw, thanks Christina! It’s good to know my sarcastic comes through. :) Have a great weekend, and sorry about the booty. Mine in sympathetic and growing in tandem.

8. Lizzy posted on March 24, 2012 at 6:07 am (#)

You are too cute…I hope this coming week is less stressful! And I love your 3 C’s!

9. beti posted on March 25, 2012 at 7:06 am (#)

that cake batter dip really is dangerous thing and don’t worry, we always have days or even weeks like that

10. Debbie posted on March 25, 2012 at 1:48 pm (#)

Hi, Dorothy! I would like to let you know I am passing along The Versatile Blogger Award to you. I love your blog and your amazing creations, so I want to share it with you. :) To find out more details, please see my post:
    Hope you had some time to relax this weekend!
    Debbie @ http://www.life-is-sweets.com

11. Susan-The Weekly Sweet Experiment posted on March 25, 2012 at 6:22 pm (#)

Hope you are feeling better. The Hunger Games movie was awesome!!!!! You should go see it ASAP!

12. mecca bingo posted on April 10, 2014 at 8:53 am (#)

I enjoy your information you present with your content. Let me save the blog site and also check out again here regularly. My business is marginally specified I shall be told an abundance of brand-new stuff proper listed here! Enjoy for the next!